Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem getting VM Pro SMTP and GoDaddy.com to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosetjau

IS-IT--Management
Jan 20, 2004
US
Was wondering if anyone has run into or had success with using GoDaddy.com with the VM Pro voicemail to email SMTP integration. We have had success working with other third party email providers in the past but can't seem to get it to work with GoDaddy.

We are using VM Pro (4.1(40)), double and triple checked with GoDaddy tech support on the SMTP settings and are still unable to get the mail to go through. Windows event viewer brings up an error every time a message is sent using the GoDaddy settings saying something to the effect of "recepient TO: must be set". All the users have their email addresses in Manager, the VM Pro control panel settings are set with the GoDaddy SMTP server address and we tried ports 25, 26, 80, and 3535, at their suggestion, and we tried setting the account to one of the customers email accounts and then with a generic name "ipoffice". We tried using Server requires authentication with the customer's email login, and then with their GoDaddy account login with no success. VM Pro itself is set in the Preferences to SMTP as well. So all the settings are right but we can't seem to make it work. We looked at the customers GoDaddy account settings and there is an SMTP relay service that GoDaddy has (on top of their basic email offering) that the customer has set up on one email account to receive 250 smtp relayed messages/day but it still didn't work and we are really unsure of what that setting really does.

The most success we had was using the voicemail server (Win 2003) as an SMTP relay but the emails never came through even though windows event viewer confirmed email was sent.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You may be better off setting out Outlook (not express) on the customer's server and then changing VMP from SMTP to MAPI.

When you use the Windows Control panel to specify the SMTP server and what not and click Apply then Check does it validate successfully? Also what error are you getting in DebugView?

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"If it worked the way it should you wouldn't need me

Is there a message limit on their basic service? If the recording is too large then the file might not go through. Just a thought.

kholladay,
that's one we haven't thought of trying, thanks for the idea. Will see if the full Outlook will work next time i get out there

The check in Control Panel does validate successfully, that's where it gets me. When a message actually comes in and it goes to send the email, VMDebug comes back with the Error Code 7 (which to the best of my knowledge is that the From address is not formatted correctly or the email is getting rejected by the smtp server).

fakename05,
good thought. they do have a number of smtp message relays per day so they may very well have size limit as well. will check that as well.

Thanks for the ideas guys!

You could always load the windows SMTP server on the VMPRo and use that to relay for you. I have done that for GMAIL and Network Solutions.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

they should have a name for the smtp server along with the ip address.

for instance here at our office i could use the public ip address of nuvox (smtp provider) and it would send emails in house, but once i tried to send email to third party with voicemail pro i had to change the voicemail pro in control panel to nuvox.smtp.net...instead of the 68.246.15.72 or whatever it was.

tried using the win2003 smtp service and it gave me the same problem.

also tried using the public numeric ip, and they (GoDaddy) gave me two dns names to try but they all result in the same issue. although now i am getting Error 8 which after looking it up says that the server may not recognize the recipient. checked for typos but the address is right, tested for case sensitivity on the address but getting the same results.

Only thing we haven't tried yet is using mapi, but customer doesn't have a copy of outlook and i don't have a copy myself to put on their server.

Again, thanks for the ideas, one day this will work.

I use GoDaddy.

When I click the "check" in the control applet it fails but it does work when a voice mail is left. There appears to be a problem with the test of SMTP not actually SMTP itself.

After you configure all the settings, apply them, do the check, get the error message, close control panel. Then stop/start the VMPro service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back