Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Vectors 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan

Programmer
Aug 6, 2002
CA
We just downloaded a program called Call Flow Extract from We have run it a few times and it looks pretty cool, basically it prints off most of your system configuration, vectors, hunts, vdn's and puts them into an html format.

Oh yah, this is shareware so you can at least run it a couple of times before (I assume) it expires.

Barry

Please DO NOTICE: When starting the process, the application tries to send out information over the Internet! Be sure to have your firewall stand-by... you never know ey, it's FREE shareware. Before you know it your passwords and other Details on your PBX are out on the net!

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

-Please let fellow members know if their post was of any help-

We only have one system with IP, so we have just been using it with a dial up connection.

We also setup a 'test' user with basically no priveledges, I think it is called a 'non-super user'.

So far it's been working great!

Barry

Actually, I don't see what the application can do for me...
(i.e.: it sux)
:-X Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

I guess from an Instructor level it wouldn't be that helpful, but in our case to actually have a printout of everything and to be able to link everything up is pretty cool. Plus we found about 20 vectors and some announcements that we had configured and never even used!

Talk to you later
Barry

(oops, wrong smiley)
But ok, I found that the program didn't do anything better then some exports from DSA/ASA and a good look at the Definity... Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

Wrong Smiley? And I thought you were always this nice to us new guys :)

Just to keep the debate going... if you wanted a soft copy of every vector on your system I think this is the best way to go. I downloaded 600 vectors in less than an hour, imagine cut and pasting all of them into one document!

Anyway's, have a great day!
Barry

O.K. I downloaded this software and cannot get it to connect. I am running a G3RV6 using dial up and it never gets the password prompt and then it disconnects. Any help would be appreciated.

Brett

Hmmm, these might be dumb questions but:
Do you hear it connecting
Are you sure you typed in your username and password correctly?

Other than that, you would probably need to email their support.

Oh yah, did you go into the 'Configure System' option and setup your modem configuration? I had to go into DSA and copy the modem init string for mine.

Hope that helps
Barry

Barry,
Yes, I hear it dial it will show me the waiting for name prompt, then waiting for password prompt, then an alert box pops up saying "Did not see the password prompt - Exiting" As for the system configuration I changed my init string and that did not help. Maybe it is an OS problem. I'm running Windows XP corporate edition and trying to connect through an external U.S. Robotics Sportster 33600 faxmodem. I guess I will try to contact their support.

Thanks for the help
Brett

Any guidance about getting it to connect using a data module directly. On DSA the config is set to dial an internal extension 1990 but when I try to get this to dial it tells me to go back to the config setup and set up the dial up number properly. Any Ideas? John

Is this a 4 digit extension to your modem?

There must be some type of number length check, I just tried a six digit number and it didn't work either.

What if your tried 1990999, if I dial my extension, it just ignores the last three 9's.

You should email them though and get them to check it out, I am just making an assumption on the length stuff.

See ya
Barry

Hi Scotty, I wrote them and asked them about the string length check. Apparently there was a check in there for some specified digit length.

Anyways, they wrote me back and sent me an update. Not sure if you complained or not as well, but I just thought I would see what their support was like.

Barry

Added the extra nines and it is churning away as I type, if it does all it says it does then I think it rocks! We've been looking for something like this for a while, cheers Baz! John

Looks good but Im having problems if Im dialling up remotely to another site because it doesnt seem to have the option for getting through a tracker layer. Any ideas? John

I hope this doesn't make me look to much like a rookie, but what is a 'tracker layer'?

Barry

a tracker is some kind of security box you put in between your analog INADS line and the terminal port, providing an additional barrier against wardialing/dicovery.
For some reason this item was only popular in the UK, and I've seen some around in germany.
Effectively you have to log in twice, once in the box, second time in the switch.
The support in Avaya's software has allways been poor,
and then it got mostly replaced with ASG lately I guess..

Rob

The trackers a bit dated but it does let you have CMS, Audix, MAPD and switch all connected to ine dial up, so that you can switch between the ports and access all the systems remotely. Looks like Ill just have to go to the remote site! Cheers John

Actually it sounds pretty cool, but probably a little to funky for this to work.

See ya
Barry

So have any of you tried this out? I had a few questions of my own that I was hoping could get answered.

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back