Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Vectors 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never got much of a response on people who were running the Call Flow Extract, but I thought I would repost and mention a new free utility they had that will take your HTML extract files and convert them into a windows help file.

See ya
Barry

There's a program for writing vectors in Excel with automatic checking available at
Useful for writing vectors prior to inputting them into a switch or producing them for someone else to input, it sort of simulates the switch, in that you can insert/delete lines & it will renumber & flag references to blank lines, etc.

Hi Beddows,
I downloaded your vector file and was trying to install it on a Windows 2000 pc. I was wondering about the avaya.dic file, is that just a spelling/dictionary file? If so, I was having trouble finding the correct place to put. Is i that crucial?

Thanks,
James

What is does is store as many terms specific to vectors I could think of. It needs to be in the same directory as "custom.dic" which should be in a subdirectory called "Proof" somewhere. If you do a search you should find it. During the checking routine it looks for spelling errors and without this file, it will flag such things a "cov" & "ii-digits" as spelling errors. You could add them one by one to the custom dic, but that is a lot of work. By the way, its important to unload autocorrections after using the routine, or you will find things being changed in Microsoft Word, such as "go to" changing to "goto".

Did anyone get this working with a data module & if so - how do you have it set in system configuration?

Thanks
JB

defjon,

You probably just need to change your modem init string, and maximum connection speed.

For the modem init string, try going into ASA, under Connection Properties go to Edit Devices and find the data module in the list that you intend to use. Double click the entry and copy the modem init string into your windows clipboard.

Once you have it go back into the Call Flow Extract System Configuration - Configure System and paste your string in thhe Modem Initialization section. Make sure you change your Connection speed to 9600.

We are using a ACCURA 28.8 modem, which has a monster init string 'AT&FE1V1X4Q0&C1&D2S7=255 S0=0'. After following these steps, everything worked cool for us.

Barry

Perfect, thanks mclellan - it's churning through them all now..
let see what it can do!

defjon [thumbsup]

Anybody trying to download the vector program mentioned above, I've found out it won't run under office 97, only 2000 or XP. Moast of it was written under 2000 and some of the VB code is not compatible. You may be be able to load it into 2000 and re-save it as an excel 97 file, but I'm not sure.

I corrected the offending code that was causing it to crash under Excel 97, It should now work under Office 97, I don't think it will under Office 95.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back