Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing to a PrintServer from FOXPro 2.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2002
GB
Hello

I have a simple problem hopefully

I am using XP PRO SP1 and using foxpro 2.6 for dos.

Recently we had to purchase a prinserver for our tally 6045 Line Printer. I am using the WIndows generic Text Driver and nothing happens.

My question is this ... how do i set up fox 2.6 to print to a TCPIP port ?

My Port Name is Tally and my IP address is 172.31.1.21

i use the command SET PRINTER TO <port> in this case tally ........ i guess this is the correct command to use.

Is there anything i am missing.

The printer prints fine from within the windows enviornment....

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Murray

Hi,

See thread182-836766 I don't know if it works the same under XP, but you could try...

I use an excellent third party program called Dosprint. This allos me to redirect all printer output to a shared spooler folder as text files. Then each network user has a copy of Dosprint installed that can print the text files to any Windows printer. This gave my ancient FPD2.6 app a new lease of life - in fact it is now running on a linux server using Dosemu, Freedos and putty, and works much better than it used to. Printing was the big problem, until Dosprint...

See
I have no connection with the company, just a happy user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back