Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing a Signature that has been inserted into word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

magbag

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2003
US
Hi All,
I have a user that is having trouble with Word 2002. Every letter that is sent with the signature inserted is not printing when the user prints the letter out. The signature is visible in word before the user prints it out. I’m not sure if there is a setting in word for this.

More detail please.

"Signature inserted". What do you mean? Is this a graphic file, that is, an image of a signature? Is this text, say an AutoText entry?

Gerry
See my Paintings and Sculpture

The signature has been inserted to the doc as a jpeg from adobe.

Thanks

Mag

That is still not clear. "Inserted from Adobe"? Does that mean you are cutting and pasting evry time? You have a macro that does something? I do not understand what your process is that "inserts from Adobe". Also, Adobe what??? Photoshop?

Anyway, from Word Help - Troubleshooting graphics.

You might be printing in draft mode. To print the borders and graphics in the document, click Options on the Tools menu, click the Print tab, and then clear the Draft output check box.

Make sure the Drawing objects option, which prints graphics, is selected. On the Tools menu, click Options, click the Print tab, and then select the Drawing objects check box.

You may be trying to print the field codes for a linked graphic rather than printing the graphic itself. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Print tab. Clear the Field codes check box.

I suspect the last item.

Gerry
See my Paintings and Sculpture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back