Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

printing a form with variable # of lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

etcrier

Programmer
Sep 20, 2006
US
I have a form with a subform for detail. I want to print just one form (the one I an on) with a print button which all seems to work OK when for is exactly 1 page long.
except when there is too few detail lines in the subform of the form then the next form prints at the bottom.
is there a page eject or so if the print is not exactly 1 full page the next form does not show on that page?

it seems that a print button for only the current form should not print the next form no matter where current form ends?

thanks

Create a report that can be used and use the primary key as the condition for the print button, for example:

DoCmd.OpenReport "rptWarning", acPreview, , "[STDNO]=" & [STDNO]

This is to preview a report that I created, but I only select the student that have the same StudentID, which is my primary key on the form. I hope this helps.

I cannot do a report as access gives me an error "too many fields". this particular form has many many check boxes and a subform with parts listed. it seems when I print the form with a printbutton "print current form" if there are only a couple of lines of parts it seems to print the top of the next form at the bottom of the one i want.
I am testing with another printer. It may be a printer issue??

thanks

Are you aware that a Report may have SubReport(s) ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

NO
how is that possible - I look in access help.
makes sence like sub forms

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back