Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print PowerPoint Slides with animation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2004
US
I remember there used to be an option in the "Print What" combobox of the Print dialogbox of PowerPoint (Office 97), saying "Slides with animation" and "Slides without animation".

The option "Print Slides with animation" printed a slide that contained animation, as it would look after executing each animation object.

The problem is I don't find a similar option in Office XP or in Office 2003. Does anybody know if Microsoft has done away with this option or if it's been shifted to some other place?

Or is there another way of getting the job done, short of making new instances of each slide and deleting the obstructing objects?

Is there a checkbox in the lower left corner of your print dialog box that says "Include animations"?

dcompto, i don't have such a checkbox - do you have one???

I've checked in a couple of other computers, too, but same deal!

Yes, I have the checkbox, but I use Office 2000, Windows 2000, and an HPLJ 4200n. Sorry, I just thought you might have overlooked it since it wasn't in the "Print what" window.

Thanks for taking the trouble. Yes I remember there was some such option in the previous version of PPT (I was using Office 97). But am surprised to see it disappear in the newer versions!!

This has been removed from PowerPoint 2002 (XP) onwards. PowerPoint 2002 introduced a large number of animations, motion paths, interactive animations, etc. So, they removed the print with animations probably because it may not make sense any longer. There are a couple of workarounds though:

1. The Object Model still has them. So, you can still print with animations. You can use the following macro to print with animations:

---
Sub PrintWithAnimations()
With ActivePresentation
.PrintOptions.OutputType = ppPrintOutputBuildSlides
.PrintOut
End With
End Sub
---

It would not print the complex animations and interactive sequences.

2. You can use the Capture Show add-in from
- Chirag

PowerShow - View multiple shows simultaneously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back