Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print margins inaccurate

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesrhaynes

Programmer
Nov 1, 2003
US
When printing to a physical printer (via print dialog or via print preview), the margins are 1/4 inch off in Potrait and 1/2 inch off in landscape. Print preview shows them as perfect. Also printing to pdf files is perfect and then printing from the pdf to the physical printer is perfect. I have tried this on 3 models of HP printers. Has anyone else had this problem on HP printers or any other model printer? Is there a workarround that allows both the print preview and printer to match?

Not much help. Those are old drivers and I have newer printers and drivers. Hearing back from some of my beta testers, just about every HP machine (laser and ink jet) give the wrong margins. Also Epson Stylus gives the wrong ones. So far no one has found any printer anywhere that works correctly so I would conclude its not the printers. My search of this forum indicates that this issue has been raised before by other programmers with no clear answer (i.e. leave a little margin for error). A 1/2 inch error in landscape is quite a lot of error!

Perhaps its a bug in vb.net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back