Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Primary rate problem on IPOffice406v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnlcom

Technical User
Nov 25, 2007
GB
I have an ongoing issue with a customer using an IPOffice 406v2 plus mostly Analogue phones on a V230pots unit. THey have two RPI cards and TWo BT/REdstone ISDN30e services one (the 1st service) has 30 channels enabled the other has 5 services enabled and the clock source is on the second service although it has been set to the other up until six months ago.

The problem is we loose the ability to dial out if 30 users try to dial out at roughly the same time and in fact the second service works fine for any callers after 30 calls. We can actually simulate this fault by making everyone dial out at the same time. normally you don't notice the problem until nearly 30 people try and dial out basically.

BT have done trend tests on the service and have said they can find no fault, they have said when this fault occurs they can't see the phone system talking to the header unit but I have no evidence for that as BT are reluctant to show us the results of the traces they have done so I only have there word for it.

Before you ask the obvious all the kit has been replaced at least once sometimes twice over a two year period to eliminate this fault but to no avail. All the software has been updated from 3.1 up to 4.1 something and at no time has this helped.

For te sake of ensuring this problem is not down to kit i plan to upgrade to 4.1.15 and all the files for VMPRO and PMLite to ensure they are up to date and swap the PRI cards round to eliminate these items but I am pretty convinced this is a BT fault.

Tomorrow I will be taking an Etheril trace (wireshark) to see for myself what the LAN network looks like under load and to also see if I can identify any networking issues that may be casuing the problem.

Mainly my reason for putting this up is to ask if anyone else recognises this issue or if anyone has any ideas how I can pinpoint the problem?

As usual both Redstone and BT just bat the ball back to me and after tomorrow I will be throwing it at Avaya with as much info as i can find to help them identify the source of this problem.

Are the channels on the second in service?

Is the second trunk part of the same outgoing group as the first trunk?

Have you run a monitor trace while the 31 call is made and cant go out to get more information on what the IPO is doing with the call?

yes all channels are in service and in the same trunk group. I will be running full monitor traces tomorrow morning so hope to get some fresh information. We have a monitor trace but it is not filtered correctly so that is the purpose of my visit tomorrow. To take the kit up to 4.1.15 the latest level and then run a monitor trace while they force the fault.

Hopefully this will tell me something meaningful!

never mind, I see you said mostly analog phones.

Maybe there are not enought DTMF receivers/transmitters in IP Office to make 30 simultanous calls with POT phones.
Do they have PhoneManager? Did you test outdialling with PhoneManager?

Hi all, thanks for your responses,

Could not get in to site today to do further checks becasue my customer is off sick.

Hopefully he will be in tomorrow.

Some 5410 handsets but few and yes phonea manager i enabled but this is not used by many analogue users. Will check all these items out I think however.

The best way to find out whats going on from both your side and BT's side would be to put a Trend in between the IP Office & the NTE. Set this to monitor and review the trace, once your have created the fault.

This way you can see the messaging from the system & the network & can see if the call ever left the system. Maybe a little more tricky with 2 circuits but not impossible.

Bt has today run this test and Iam wating for a copy of the test.

Could wait some time it seems.....

BT are relectant to let me see it!!

I cant see you having much joy getting this out of BT & chanes are they will come back with some fancy answer as to why you cant have it.

What was the test they did, was the IP Office still connected to their circuits at the time ?

Are these's 2 independent PRI circuits, or have they been built as one bearer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back