Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI problems? Will swapping combo default system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

519tech

Technical User
Jul 30, 2008
CA
Hello All;

Can you swap a 6 port combo card on a MICS with another, WITHOUT defaulting the system? I have a customer who is having alarms pop up everyday. They have lost a call or two but it's a nuisance. System worked fine for years and then in December this started. I have checked and changed protocols with telco and swapped DTI card, but haven't touched the combo as I was told it would default and perhaps change the system ID. I can't have that as the customer would be out of service until a new enabler code could be provided. Any help would be appreciated!

From what I've read you have to upgrade them to 7.0XC or 7.1XC in order to stop your programming and sys ID from defaulting while swapping an expansion card. Make sure you write down the sys ID and all of the key codes before hand just in case.

Can't retrieve the enabler code. System is 7.1, and as far as I know that is XC. (Thought you had to have XC in order to install combo and PRI). I inherited the system and there were no records of codes? Really don't want to have to replace key code.

I have swapped combo cards many times and never lost the key code for PRI as it is tied to the system id from the mother board. Go into network log and write down event codes and post them here , we may be able to help with diagnosis

I will when I get back there tomorrow hopefully.

XC to install a second exp card.

Check Network Event codes and post them.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

The system defaults only when it is downgraded, i.e. when it is going from a larger configuration (for example, a 6-port expansion cartridge) to a smaller configuration (for example, a 2-port expansion cartridge).

If you replace a combination expansion cartridge by another expansion cartridge, the size of the system remains the same. You should be fine.

In the unfortunate case where your replacement expansion cartridge is defective and the system doesn't recognize it, the alarm set will prompt for a cold restart. Your programming isn't lost until you accept the cold restart. So, at this point, you can still power down, put back the original expansion cartridge and power up without losing anything.

Here's what I had this morning.
41-1
42-1
44-0
42-0
41-0

330-00
323-00
328-00
336-1
328-01
329-01
330-01

The Telco has had a failure on this PRI already, and swapped copper pairs into building once. They also had faulty "Coils" at the C.O. And have replaced them. They are currently "looking" in on PRI to determine issues, but Bell here in Canada always goes right to, " it's your equipment!" I appreciate everybody helping on this one. Good to know about swapping cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back