Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI OLI not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

tertel

Technical User
Oct 31, 2002
US
Customer has a MICS with 5.0 software with a PRI. All the phones that have DID numbers have the OLI programmed with the DID number. However, when making a call from the phone with DID the programmed OLI number does not display, all phones display the first DID number. Our area has enhanced 911 service and we need to send the appropriate DID number to the 911 center. What can be done to make this work? Thanks,

I would first look at the telco. They need to have things setup to accept the calling number information.

Steve

I agree with previous post,you should check with the provider.In most cases the provider sent the main number out ,unless you request other wise ,you have to make sure that they allowing you to send the number by call by call basis ,so it will send the ext.no or the OLI no. instead of the main no.In norstar there is nothing you can do other than OLI number(based on the set Number).

Good Luck.

Under Terminals&Sets->Line access->OLI

You may also want to check with your LEC and make sure that they are receiving this from you on the PRI and that they have the PRI set to allow OLI pass thru. I had a problem where the LEC only passed the billing number.

Your LEC should be able to see what you are sending on the D-packet and wether or not the OLI is there JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

tertel,

we are allpretty much saying the same thing. Itlooks like the telco is not allowing you to assert OLI. Just call them and tell them for 911 purposes, you need to send OLI.

Steve

Along with what everyone else is saying, I had the same problem. All phones worked at one time, then all of a sudden they stopped sending OLI information. I had to delete all OLI info for all sets and re-enter them, and that worked for me. But if yours has never worked my suggestion would be the same as everyone elses. I never did find out what caused mine to stop working.

Thanks to all of you. We have gone back to the telco and they advised that it was them sending out the inappropriate information.

Once again, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back