Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI, MICS 7.0, & fax server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JosephBernard

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2005
US
We have a T1 PRI connected to a MICS 7.0 system. We have about 150 DID numbers that need to be routed to a fax server (1 number for each person). How exactly can this be done? We haven't ordered the fax server yet, and our usual vendor is unavailable, so I wanted to ask here. My boss is just itching to get it and I just want to be sure we don't buy something, while our vendor is out, that can't be interfaced. The Castelle FaxPress 500 seems to be the favored server with 4 analog lines. Forgive me as I am still learning about phone systems and interfaces.

Did some reading and found that an IAD will probably do the trick for around $2000. Anything cheaper?

I think if you do a little more research on here, you'll find that integrating anything to a norstar via analog that is expecting DTMF digits is difficult--only way to do it with a VMI, which is no longer made. If you do some searches you should see a fair amount of discussion about it.

Joseph,

You can do this with either E&M cards or a T1 Card, it depends on which way you want to accomplish this but I have successfully done both and it works great. I can't remember what kind of fax server was used with the E&M application but the T1 application was a Brooktrout card.

Louie Roldan

Roldan--excellent point! I always forget that E&M is technically analog. (I've only ever provisioned E&M on a T1.....) I think I need to update my notes!

I just installed a Castelle Premier analog 4 port with Adtran Atlas 550 IAD using same PRI for Norstar and Fax Server and it works beautifully! Getting ready to install Castelle Premier digital 8 port fractional T-1 with Atlas 550 using same PRI for Norstar and fax server as well. It works and I am very impressed with this solution. All you Nortel guys should be adding it to your list of things to sell. Feel free to contact me if you want a quick run down on the setup.

Rich
Voice Plus
702-325-5805
rmcizmas@cox.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back