Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI Incoming/Outgoing problem with SV 8500

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeninPrabhakar

Programmer
Sep 19, 2012
AE
Dear All,

Hai I have faced problem in PRI line with SV 8500, this is new installation.. and i done everything as per the manual. we are not able to make incoming and outgoing calls. No answer message for Incoming call and REST message for outgoing call. I am trying this from an IP phone (ITL D310). PRI card name is SPA-PRTC-B SP 3874 A 5A

Lenin Prabhakar

Make your test calls from a TDM multiline phone or a single line phone. The IP phone relies on the PAD card and that throws too many other variables in.
See the link below for ISDN PRI programming cheat sheets and compare to your programming.

Dear belevedere,

Thank you for your answer,
We found yesterday this system is configured for numbering plan using both AMND and AMNDN for same numbers, like that ASPA and ASPAN, we cleared all netwrok data command and followed the programming data from the above website. We managed to get the PRI Incoming call with no speach and otherside message is network busy. Then we tested the channel status, i found all channels are busy and 0 channels are Idle..., What may be the reason?

Lenin Prabhakar

Since someone was using the network commands, I'd suggest that you check the remaining ones that may be getting in the way.
ARSC /ARSCN
ARRC/ARRCN
ARTD/ARTDN
Make sure that you released the trunks, MBRT for B and D channel trunks.
Was your incoming call with no speech to a IP phone? If so, then you need to check the PAD card programming. Test with a TDM phone.
All channels busy can also be switch settings on the PRI card. The document on that web site has typical switch settings. Verify with your carrier what the protocol is (Ni-2 is the most popular). Old PRI cards use switch settings, newer ones use programming. ARTD CDN 65 + 66 for protocol.
Last, a PRI tester in invaluable. You might have to rely on your telco provider to test at the dmarc if you do not have one.

Dear belevedere,

Thank you for your support, and i would like to inform you that we solved the problem today, its started working perfectly for both Incoming/Outgoing. As i mentioned we cleared all data set using network command, and done the configuration again. While we searching for the solution, we had done some modification in (ACIC1), We set same CSCG data for B-ch and D-ch PC which is wrong. we re-configured with D-channel 130 and B-channel 131. Then its started working.

Thank you once again

Lenin Prabhakar.

Ok depending on what version SV8500 you are running S2 or above you can use common route. instead of all the programming after ARTD do this instead

1. Do ARTD for both B & D
2. Build your trunks
3. go back to ARTD and flag (115 CMRT)

as long as ARTD 66 matches PRI should come online.

Also, use command SPTS to look at the channels to verify that the lines are becoming IDLE. if they are a 2 for your B channels then there is most likely a protocol mismatch. I am sure you have this resolved by now but hopefully this will help someone else out. Another great command is ISMC layer 3 look at to see messages to and from the ISDN
ARSC/ARSCN & ARRC/ARRCN depending on your configuration are still extremely important. Lastly many CLECS still look for a call by call as an UNKNOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back