Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI DID not hitting vm on MICS 6_1 and NAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimipot

Technical User
Sep 4, 2009
US
Hi we have a 4 digit inbound DID with a 3 digit internal number plan. Inside, ext to ext, an individuals vm picks up but not with the DID. I think we have an older NAM and just needed to upgrade from 4.1 to 6.1 on the MICS to get the PRI card recognized. What settings should I look at to double check.. I will be there later this afternoon. Has anyone heard if certain older nams will not work with PRI DID numbers? The operator can xfer to voicemail fine. Thanks! P.S. What is happening is after the time out when calling a DID the NAM picks up and plays the auto attendant tree instead of the persons individusl mailbox.

Did you upgrade the NAM when you upgraded the KSU. If the NAM had a software upgrade you may need to install the REDIRECT DNS patch.

Your NAM needs to be at R4.1 to work correctly. Login to F983 and then press 9 to check the version.

Brian Cox

Thanks much for responding!
The NAM is at 4.0.04C
How do I go about upgrading... was that the main issue is will not work with DID's ? If we went to 3 digit presented from carrier and 3 digit interior would that work or 4 digit both sides?

Spoke to another tech live and he concurred that I need to be at 4.1 on the NAM. I have a spare NAM I am bringing and will see what version that is... otherwise it may be call pilot time.

swapping the NAM out with the 4.1 version worked. Thanks for the tips.. the j and j site has great cheat sheets.

They do.

Are you flying solo, now, Brian, or did you find someplace worth your while?

had the exact same problem, voice mail worked fine in house or if transfered by operator, my rec digits were 4 just like yours and the ext. was 3 digit and just what the others are telling you I had to move from 4.0 to 4.1 good luck.
P.s. it drove me craxy for a day and a half.

Rik, on my own now doing repairs, upgrades, tech support, etc. I'm now based in Oregon.

Brian Cox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back