Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI and Line Apperance

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbaits25

Technical User
Aug 7, 2013
US
I was wondering if it was possible to configure 4 buttons to act like a line appearance would ring all phones on a PRI? Majority of customers call the main line # (or 1-800), right now they are on POTS lines and have 8 line appearance buttons for them.

We will be switching them over to call parking but would like to keep the line appearance on an incoming call.

Once you switch to the PRI, I assume you would have a published main number and also your 800 number. For the main number and also the 800, which I assume you are porting to your PRI, you would have a Public DN for each with those target lines assigned to each of them. You could either assign any number of extensions to those target lines, or you could add Answer DN to the other phones to ring on calls to both the main number and the 800 number. Or you could set up a ring group.

Ok, right now each DN has the POTS lines (line 061, line 062 etc) assigned to it. When the PRI is ready for TTU, I can assign the target lines, it goes from 125-332. I can configure lets stay 125 - 140 and have the "pub.received #" for as the main number and assign to all DN's? That will enable phone system to take in 15 calls if i'm understanding this right?

You are almost there. With POTS lines you have to assign separate keys for each line appearance for each line in hunt.
In a PRI/Target line scenario, you only assign to single target line you have assigned the main number to (assume it's target line 125). In a PRI/Target line environment, there are no additional hunt numbers needed (or used), the one target line will ring into the system up to 23 times (the number of channels in a PRI).

You will dump all the previous line appearances you had for the POTS lines and in it's place you will assign line 125 as a A&R appearance on the set. As you press next there will be a new field appear that you didn't have before, it is an appearance field and here is where you will tell the set how many times you will allow this number to ring to that set (three might be a good number to settle on). The target line assigned to the phone is a DID, and cannot be used to dial out of the system with, it is an incoming line appearance only. Hope this helps.

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Avaya IP Office, Mitel 3300 Basic & Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint

Ah gotcha! that makes sense! thank you. Then for outgoing make sure the call routing is going out the PRI (lets say BlocA)

With the corresponding standard of "9" to dial out.

yup!

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Avaya IP Office, Mitel 3300 Basic & Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint

Another thing to remember, is you can't put the line on hold and have someone else pick it up for you are not dealing with physical lines anymore, rather you have virtual line apprearances, they will need to learn to use call park and page and/or transfer.

Jim

...and/or SWCA keys?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Yup i just got them up and running yesterday night, port went well and training went good for everyone. I used the SWCA for the parking method and taught them how to page etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back