Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prevent TN's disabling at Midnight 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bungy43uk

Technical User
Jan 25, 2005
GB
I have a temporary requirement to have 80 handsets forward to other DN's during an office refurb. The original handsets will be removed and will therefore disable during midnight routines and thus the forwarding will not work. How can I prevent these TN's from disabling when not plugged in?

Darktek

Thank you very much.
Excuse my ignorance with this one but what is the exact process/key stroke I need to put in to remove 30 and 32 and to print/display the existing config?

Pete

here we go
ld 22
PT2000

REQ prt
TYPE ovly

OVLY
SID 0
BKGD 044
PBXH 01
TODR 01
DROL 030 032 034 038 043 135 137
MULTI_USER ON

REQ end
>ld 17
CFN000
MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 2309325 USED U P: 550752 187346 TOT: 3047423
DISK RECS AVAIL: 128
DCH AVAIL: 78 USED: 2 TOT: 80
TMDI D-CHANNELS AVAIL: 64 USED: 0 TOT: 64
AML AVAIL: 14 USED: 2 TOT: 16
REQ chg
TYPE ovly
SID
BKGD
PBXH
TODR
DROL x30 x32
MULTI_USER

AUD000

MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 2309325 USED U P: 550752 187346 TOT: 3047423
DISK RECS AVAIL: 128
DCH AVAIL: 78 USED: 2 TOT: 80
TMDI D-CHANNELS AVAIL: 64 USED: 0 TOT: 64
AML AVAIL: 14 USED: 2 TOT: 16
REQ end

You sir are a star. All done and thank you very much for your kind help.

Pete

another note... put it back is as soon as possible..i have turned it off during construction and it did not cause problems but it is there for a reason.. each of those sets can take up to 1 percent of your cpu because it's not out there...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Ouch - I have approx 80 users (out of 1700) with forwards and not plugged in?

for how long? might build analog sets with the same dn with and move the marp then use rcfw and disable the digital if it's going to be for a couple of weeks.. when the set is disabled the switch no longer tried to bring it back on line..

this switch has 7000 plus stations, when i got here there were 300 built but missing, the switch did an ini about once a month... 4 years later and we have not had an interuption in service in 3 plus years...

if it was just a week of two with that ratio, (5 percent).. unless the switch started to slow way down (term response) i would usually just watch it.. if it was going to be a mater of months, i would program around it and sleep better.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

This will be going on for around 9 weeks. Then another refurb will take place and the whole process will be repeated with another 80 or so users.

Sensible approach would therefore be to OUT the existing digital sets and recreate as phantoms with DCFW to the new DN's?

Pete

that is what i would do, to many phones for to long.. anyting beats a free ini during peak traffic

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If you have the ability to do godal changes, what about changing the class to data.
FLXA Flexible voice/data Allowed

tnjwinters

FLXA - what does this do please - having more probs today, handsets that are not plugged in are now dissabling and thus the forwarding is not taking place - re-enabling alone is not curing the problem, Im having to physically tap the frame and manually put the CFW's back in again....!

A set with the class of service FLXA will not disable at midnight. I use this for places like the volunteers desk, where they unplug the phone at the end of the day.
I would only use this on a large scale for a short time like the re-model and than put them back the way they were. I would also see if johnpoole thinks this is an acceptable answer.

flxa, vce in the cls on the set = no ld 30 disable.

Mato' Was'aka

ok thank you for that. Will this prevent the digital TN's that are not connected to a handset from randomly disabling or is this only a Midnight routine thing?

midns, I don't get the whole handset thing, as I have not had a set disable due to not having one, can't speak on that.

Mato' Was'aka

the disable should only happen during midn, other then that the switch sends a wake-up msg to the set if it's enabled and not out there..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Gents

Whatever is supposed to happen - at my site if a handset is left unplugged for a few hours it will sometimes become disabled. This has been happening to 70% of the users affected by this refurb. I have taken the decision given the comments made by John Poole regarding memory and poss switch INIT....to put back ovly 30,32 into my midn routines.

I am currently giving the original TN profiles that are currently unplugged a dummy DN and creating new Phantom DN's that DCFW to the temporary numbers. Tested on one and seems to work ok. The original TN's can dissable as they please and will not affect the switch - this way when the users come to move back into the refurbed area in a few weeks time I can change Key 0 back to their original DN's with the knowledge that the original user config will not be lost.

More work but notably safer...!

Thank to all whom have contributed to this thread.

Pete

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back