Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Presentation (tutorial) for a program 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmscraiova

Programmer
Dec 8, 2001
RO
I must to make a presentation (a kind of tutorial) for my program. Do you have any idea about any possibility to realize it?
Best regards,
Eugen Fintina

pmscraiova,
When I've had to make this kind of "Demo" of my application before, I've used a video & sound capture program (there are dozens out there) to simply narrate my progress through the application. Then, this creates about a 30mb file that I send to people so they can view it without my being there. Also works great as a training aid. Very cheap, and very easy to implement. Whack it on a CD, or copy it to an FTP location, and you're off and running.

Best Regards,
Scott

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, and no simpler."[hammer]

Thank you very much, Scott. Can you suggest me such a video & sound capture program?
Thank you again,
Eugen

Lotus makes a very nice one called ScreenCam. Part of their LotusSuite.
Works well on Win9x/NT/2K

I think that Lotus ScreenCam (or something much like it) comes with DemoShield, too.

There is a called Camtasia ( bundled with SnagIt (screen capture util) and DubIt (used to add audio to your video capture afterwards).

Personally I use a program called FlashCAM ( and it is great for doing screen or video captures. It outputs it in Macromedia Flash and you have the ability to add captions and input prompts. This is a great feature for creating fun and interactive training for users.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back