Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POTS not disconnecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2004
US
Got a 406 in China and users are complaining that calls from POTS are not disconnecting once there is hang up. I looked in US 412 and it is almost the same setup for POTS as it is in China. I have Disconnect Clear checked and 50 units. Any other ideas? It actualy disconnects in around 40 seconds. Any help is greatly appreciated. George

What version is running? Are those POTS really POTS, or are they emulated from a channel bank?

real pots in China. the version is 3.1(29)

Lots of this trouble in Mexico too. Version 3.0.69 fixed much of it, but still trouble on some lines, like those provided by a Net2Phone adapter. We used a disjunctor (sp?) to help cut off the lines, but didn't help. Even manually disconnected the cable and wouldn't detect hang up :/ A co-worker is testing a patch he got from Avaya (for version 3.0.69), and we'll see if that helps. I'd recommend you try the new version 3.1.48 since its based off 3.0.69.

The vendor from China recomended a third party hardware device to disconnect the lines. I am not sure if it is the same as what you are using. They are saying it is because of our users forwarding to cell phones on no answer or unconditional. Is this what you guys are doing in Mexico?

In the System -> Telephony you can set the disconnect tone used on the alog lines, if IP Office "hears" more then 5 seconds a disconnect tone then the line will be released.
If there is a mismatch then the line will keep connected.
We had to use the same kind of devices in Eastern Europe for alog lines disconnect problems, problem occured when transferring from VM Pro auto attendant.
The disconnect tone was not consistent and IP Office could not recognise it.

What kind of a device is this? can you please let me know who makes it and what is the terminology used when looking for one? Thanks, George

Don't know, the reseller installed it ( bought from the local provider ) and it solved the problem.

Do you remember how much the cost was?

The one we used is the Max Terminator Disconnect Unit ( ), I think its cost was around $1,000 dollars. It services 12 lines. For smaller jobs, this one might work, but haven't tried it:
We used the terminator because we had many provider's lines, each having different disconnect signals, so it wasn't possible to modify the System frequencies for all of them at once. Even on lines of one provider they had different frequencies :/ But as I said earlier, the IP Office itself needs a patch if even after the Terminator you still get stuck lines. I'll let you know how the patch worked for us.

Thank you. Please do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back