Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible CM translation corruption?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B0nes

Systems Engineer
Aug 8, 2023
RU
Hello everyone!
sometime ago I noticed problem that the list tru command cannot be completed. there is a message "Error encountered, can't complete request"

trunk group 1652 not present in system but trunk with this number cant be added because "identifier previously assigned. disp tru 1652 and rem tru 1652 also with message "Error encountered, can't complete request".

Last translation backup were SEP 2022 and there are a lot of changes were made after that.

CM 8.1.3.2.0.890.26989

Unfortunately, We haven't Avaya maintenance support. @AvayaTier3 in faq690-7129 says we can paid for fix translation but I can find where we can do that.
Please guide me

Best Regards,
Konstantin.

You will need to contact Avaya and work out an agreement with Professional Services to fix your translations. Good luck!

You will need a tier 3 software engineer to help resolve your issue.

It would appear that you have some trunk software tables that need to be cleaned up.

Link below for guidance.

A great teacher does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

49 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 39 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

@AvayaTier3
Do you have the opportunity to help me with the translation corruption or service request on support.avaya and contact with tier3\corruption team the only way?

Best Regards,
Konstantin.

Contact Continuant and see if they can help you get assistance.

A great teacher does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

49 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 39 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

I would suggest if you have the ability to deploy a lab communication manager and restore your XLN file to your lab CM and see if the problem persist. I have had this issue in the past where it was resolved doing this. This would be a much faster method than dealing with Avaya and without support on a CM 8 system they would charge you quite a bit if they do it at all for that version. Also to mention you are on a fairly old service pack for version 8 and more recent patches would fix this most likely, however I am sure you are out of support and will not be able to apply those patches.

The Files you would need to make a lab would be the following

Depending on if it is simplex or duplex
- Simplex = CM-Simplex-08.1.0.0.890-e67-2.ova
- Duplex = CM-Duplex-08.1.0.0.890-e67-2.ova

The patches you most likely need are
- 01.0.890.0-26989.tar CM 8.1 Feature Pack #3 Service Pack #2 - 26989
- File name - PLAT-rhel7.6-0020.tar
- KERNEL-3.10.0-1062.1.2.el7.tar

Again if you do not have the ability to get these or do not have a buisness partner then I would suggest finding a BP to help you if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back