Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PosiTouch Print Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zsolutions

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2007
US
The bar that we are working on is running Positouch, I was asked to take a look at the print routing, which all looks fine. All terminals print to the right stations, except one. The kitchen computer automatically prints to bar, with prep reciepts. All the routing looks good on the individual unit, and on the master system. Is there another configuration screen I need to check? There are two printers, one for the cook side, one for the prep side. The prep side printer doesn't work, but cook side does. We replaced the cable to the prep printer, and it still says prep printer offline, how do I get into the configuration screen to reintialize the printer. Obviously the printers don't show up in the PRINTER folders on the local machine. I would assume there has to be some way to get that printer working, figuring if you hook it up on the cook side, it prints just fine, and the cable is brand new.

Thank you for all your help!!

I am guessing Spcwin show the printer as offline as well? Has this printer ever worked? Have you checked your device number for this printer? If it is, for instance device 8, have you checked posiup on the terminal that the printer is physically attached to? I have seen that before if we hade the wrong device number in Dist Prep Settings. Also, if the device number is correct, make sure you have the port that the printer is attached to set up.

Sometimes com ports that run the printers go out but it's hard to tell when that happens. Check your com ports.

Berny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back