Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Port Counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

spearce001

Technical User
Sep 14, 2004
US
I am trying to get a maintenance agreement on my Option 11c and I am being asked how many Carrier ports, T-1 ports, and Copper ports I have, and since the downsizing of the department Sprint has always handled the big ticket problems with this switch and we have no one who knows this information, any help on how to retrieve this info would be greatly appreciated.

look at your phone bill(s) and/or ask them for a customer service record ... that should have all teh information relating to ur phone services

ld 60 stat will show you all t1 ports that are programed, ld to prt did and/or tie and/or cot will show you all analog trunks softwared, you can also just do a stat 1
stat 2 etc to cover each card in your 11 to see the status of each programed port.. ld 80 cnt then feat=sets will count all sets programed...johnP

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Go to LD 21 and enter LTM at the REQ prompt, return past the rest. This will tell you all the trunks connected to the switch.

Then go to LD 60 and type STAT at the dot prompt. This will show you all the T1s you have programmed and there status. Compare that with the LTM report - the rest should be copper trunks.

your right reusser, i use that but it didn't cross my mind. another point from an earlier post, do compare that to the phone bill, unless it's like ours and weighs 30 pounds, i'll almost bet money that you are paying for ckts that you are not using... i've seen 10 dead t1's still in the switch, unused that a user was paying big money for, year after year

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks to all for the information, all was useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back