Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom Soundstation2 on analog port, can't make second call after flash 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

guinnessbsc

Programmer
Jan 23, 2007
US
Hello,

I am installing a few Soundpoint2 phones at a customer location with an IPO running 9.1.7 software. The polycoms cannot make a second outside call after pressing the conference button. I get a slow, stuttered dial tone after pressing conference, and can call internally, but when I press "8" for outside access I get a busy tone.

In manager under User/button programming, there are 3 call appearances for each analog station. I don't think that's the issue.

Allow trunk to trunk? Would that cause this problem if that is not allowed?

I'm really not sure, I fixed the problem by changing the user rights assignment. I had it set to a custom one set up for users.

I thought that pressig the call button when on a call is the transfer/flash key.

This is what I tell customers to do:
1 : Call party 1
2 : When connected press the call button to get dial tone again
3 : Dial the next party
4 : When connected press the call button to get dial tone again
5 : Dial *47 to conference all calls
6 : repeat from step 4 to add more parties

If you get no dial tone then check the value of the flash timers in the phone and in the IP Office

Interesting... I'll have to dig into user rights some more. We are not using the IPO to anywhere near its full potential. I have a lot to learn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back