Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom Dialplan & Avaya IPO 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

highmeh

MIS
Nov 20, 2003
US
Hi all,

We recently purchased a Polycom Soundstation 5100 for our conference room. I set up the SIP extension and user and the phone seems to work for inbound/outbound, however today we experienced a problem calling long distance and calling 1-877. I believe it may have something to do with the polycom's digitmap, but I really don't understand the syntax and the help documentation doesn't seem to be much of a help at all. Here's what the phone is set to right now:

[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|
[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|
[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|
[2-9]xxxT

Best I can tell, the second one in the list allows you to dial 1, and then 10 digits assuming the first digit is a 2-9. However, that should let the 1-877 and 1-939 area codes through. Instead, there is a brief pause followed by a fast-busy. Any thoughts? For what its worth, if I dial my cell number (9, 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX) it rings through, and dialing the direct extension of the polycom causes it to ring. Thanks!

The topic should read "Digitmap" not "dialplan," my apologies!

The formal syntax of the dial plan is described by the following notation:
Digit ::= "0" | "1" | "2" | "3" | "4" | "5" | "6" | "7" | "8" | "9"
Timer ::= "T" | "t"
Letter ::= Digit | Timer | "#" | "*" | "A" | "a" | "B" | "b" | "C" | "c"| "D" | "d"
Range ::= "X" | "x" -- matches any digit
| "[" Letters "]" -- matches any of the specified letters
Letters::= Subrange | Subrange Letters
Subrange::= Letter -- matches the specified letter
| Digit "-" Digit -- matches any digit between first and last
Position::= Letter | Range
StringElement::= Position -- matches any occurrence of the position
| Position "." -- matches an arbitrary number of occurrences
including 0
String ::= StringElement | StringElement String
StringList::= String | String "|" StringList
DialPlan::= String | "(" StringList ")"

Create a map like this 9x.T|[1-8]xx you dial a 9 for external access and then any number is allowed on the Polycom but maybe not in IPO.. internal numbers are three digits between 100 and 899.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

dial first and then hit call, always best for SIP phones because then they send all digits in a block and you should be fine even with the default setup of the Polycom dialplan.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Here's what I ended up with, seems to work just fine:

9,1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|
9,[2-9]xxxxxxxxxT|
9,[2-9]xxxxxxT|
6xxx

Extensions are 4-digits beginning with 6, outbound calls require a 9

Thanks for all the responses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back