Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom 3 way call not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

miteltech06

Technical User
Sep 7, 2006
US
Hi all,

I have a Polycom SoundStation 2W conference phone with display, normally we use the phone for conference calls only dial 1 number, today we were going to use the Polycom to call 3 people. We call the first one and it when fine, then we press the flash button and it lets us dial the second number then on the display a Join word show up we press that key and give us another dial tone. We try all the combinations possible but we always end with another dial tone and the calls never connects. I setup a temp IP phone and did the same and the phone work fine also I setup a SS4050 and it work fine. My question is what I'm doing wrong with the Polycom do I need to program something on the ICP 3300/Polycom?

Thanks,

Is the Polycom an analog model? If so, then you will need to use the Mitel Feature Access codes for conferencing, not the Join button on the Polycom.

If you did not take enough time to get it right the first time...

What makes you think that you have time to fix it?

Hi Paterson,

I did try to use the Mitel Feature Access Code and I got Not Allowed MFAC **1, where do I need to anable that?

thank you,

Analog phones require that you enter a feature access code to setup a conference.

Establish call 1
flash
Dialtone
Establish Next call
flash
dialtone
Dial FAC for Conference
Conference established
Repeat from 1st flash to add more parties

There is a COS option that is sometimes turned on that prevents conferencing. I believe it is Call Waiting Swap.

You also need to check you system options for the settings that controll how many parties are allowed in a conference. (Max = 8)

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

I think we may still need to know what model of Polycom you are using. Analog or SIP?
If it's analog then kwbMitel gave you the correct steps. If it's SIP it may be different.

Also be sure you have the right FAC. Look in the "Feature Code Assingmnet" form to be sure you have the right code.

Ralph

Hi all,

Polycom is Analog Sound Station 2 Wireless. I did what kwbmitel recommend did not work.

1 I activate call waiting swap
2 check COS and make sure call waiting and conference call were programmed.
3 check System Option Assignment and make sure conference call on trunk where enable:
Maximum CO Trunks In A Conference: 4
Maximum Parties In A Conference: 8
Maximum Trunks In A Conference: 8

then from Polycom dial 1st number make contact hit flash dial tone dial 2 number and contact 3 dial flash one more time but I did not hear dial tone it took me to the first call, what else I'm missing?

thanks,

Read kwbMitel post again. You missing disabling call waiting swap option.

There is a COS option that is sometimes turned on that [highlight]prevents[/highlight] conferencing. I believe it is Call Waiting Swap.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Hi,

Sorry I have been working over night for the past 2 weeks, I miss read the comments from kwbmitel and turn the future on. I will turn it off and try it, I bet it will work because before I was getting dial tone everytime I was pressing flash.

thanks all, I will let you know the outcome.

Hi All,

after I turn the call swap option off and try what kwbMitel it works.

thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back