Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PMS issue on 3300 - constantly replies to the PMS with a NAK and RQINZ not honoured in hotel logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

odiefoxydog

Technical User
Feb 5, 2008
GB
Hi,

I have an old MX controller still running v8 software in a hotel (always the last to upgrade) that is having issues with their PMS link on IP connectivity. It's been working fine for years and the PMS company haven't changed anything.

The system responds to the PMS ENQ constantly with a NAK and in the hotel logs it shows RQINZ not honoured.

In the 3300 logs there is the following:

Log Type: Software
Log Number: 3003
Severity: Warning
Date: 2013/Aug/20
Time: 14:30:44
Source: Call Control - Software
Description: OS (Message) warning: Receiver's mailbox is full. Redun code: $02 $00 $00 TX/RX msid: $00 $01 $00 $00 $00 $00 $01 $00 $00 $00 TX/RX pid: ($0002,$0608) pmsmgr ($0008,$060A) pmsout appl/func: $00 $A3 active pid: ($0002,$0608) pmsmgr
Module: Main
File Name and Line Number: log_outputs_util_en.c;1595

A system reboot works for a few hours but then it fails again. A PMS stat on the 3300 shows the link operational and I know a NAK usually means the system is busy.

We've tried the old 2k PCB kill commands on a telnet session but still no joy.

I've also tried stopping and starting the vm services from the shell command and checked the /vmail partition which still seems to have plenty of room.

Any ideas? Is it the hard drive starting to fail or maybe the processor? I can't think of anything else to try.

Thanks in advance
Jules

I'm curious as to the vmail stuff, is it the Vmail link that is down or the PBX. It is usually the PBX that issues the RQINZ command, if memory serves, and that command is a request for full synchronization (initialization).

Nak does not mean busy and should not occur in a functioning system. Nak means Not-Acknowledged or "the info you just sent me is junk"

and the PMS company haven't changed anything
Don't believe that for a minute. You could say the same thing right? Why does that make it your problem? PMS vendors are famous for this. They use you as their skilled and unpaid support. Prior to working on any PMS system I make sure the customer knows that if the problem is proven to be the PMS vendor that they will get a bill for all labour, consulting, and parts and that will be billed regardless of whether the problem is resolved or not. 50% of my issues have been fixed without going to site by this threat alone. Another 40% were billed. One bill totaled 35 hours as the result of a bad wiring job on the rs232 connector on the PMS side. That one was sweeeeet!

Rarely is the problem ever in the Mitel. Hopefully you have the tools to view and emulate the communications and by such verify that the interface is working. If not, you're in for a bad time.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Have you tried the PMS emulator tool?
This is the first thing I use when confronted with PMS errors
If it works on the tool then the PBX is OK
You can then as KWB has said pass it back to the PMS vendor

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

Thanks,

KWB I only reset the vm because of the software error saying mailbox full and referencing the pmsmgr and I agree it will probably be the pms company but didn't have an IP emulator.

Supernova, I followed the link to the thread but the second link to the newer file didn't work, I'll give the older one a go but if you could send a link to the newer emulator that would be great.

I've got an old emulator for the 2K's but this new one will be real handy :)

I'll let you know how it goes :)

Jules

Ok so maybe I'm being blond Supernova, I put the MSWINSCX file into my System 32 folder but I still get the message file not installed even when running as admin and xp compatibilty :-(

What have I missed or have you got the newer version?

Thanks

I haven't been able to get the emulator to work on my newer Win7 machine at all including the virtualmachine XP mode.

I've resorted to old school VT-100 emulators (procomm, Hyperterminal)

I"m lucky enough to know the format for the messages.

e.g.

^BCHK0 XXXXX^C
CTRL-F = ACK
CTRL-E = ENQ

if you use procomm activate the monitor window so that you can view the responses (in Hex)

05 = ACK
15 = NAK
06 = ENQ

I use the Meta Key editor to setup the Characters to be sent.

With the checkout command you need to put spaces if the extension is not 5 characters long.
^BCHK0 115^C - Check Out 115
^BCHK1 115^C - Check In 115

For more clarity
[tt]^BCHK0 115^C
^BCHK0---115^C[/tt]

For some reason the code to activate monospacing no longer works.

Not sure why you can't get it to work mine works perfectly on Win 7 64bit

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

Found a link to the Mitel one which fires up fine, I'll give it a go tomorrow

The link above is a file from 2003 so 64bit compatibility is unlikely

My version is from 2009 and I was able to get it to work on my previous laptom in XP mode

Bottom line, I know how to do it old school and I just can't afford the time to figure out why it doesn't work now.

Odie - Where did you find the "Mitel one"

If the system sends an 'RQINZ' then the PMS should reply with a general reset command 'GRS' and then begin a general reset cycle which would basically be a memory dump of all current room data.

There is a whole section in the help file dedicated to PMS recovery from failure. Take a look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back