Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pls help, weird problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

raukodur

Technical User
Aug 6, 2004
EU
Normally i dont get computer problems due to viruses since i have norton internet security running all the time and update it regularily.

However, today something wierd has got onto my comp and i have no idea how.
What happens is that every couple of seconds my mouse shows a busy sign and if i have taskmanager open, two new processes appear every two seconds and then immediately dissappear. One is Iexplorer and the other has a wierd name, mschy.com

Ive run spybot, adaware and norton antiviruscan but can detect nothing. It is incredibly annoying and i have no idea if its damaging to my system.

Any help on how to deal with this would be appreciated.

several of the choices appear to be worm related.
Try McAfee stinger and/or TrendMicro Housecall.

You can google on iexplorer or iexplorer.exe and see various possibilities. The other file doesn't get any hits, you'd have to look at a hijackthis or bazooka listing and see what other kinds of processes are running.

-------------------------------------
It's 10 O'Clock ( somewhere! ).
Are your registry and data backed up?

Thanx for the help guys but i think ive fixed my problem.

I used Kaspersky which is pretty amazing to get a load of viruses i never knew existed on my system off it.

Very good antivirus from what ive seen of it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back