Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please wait message on 5610 phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

usfregale

Technical User
May 1, 2009
US
Some sort of bizarre activity from last night's storm. Came into the office this morning to find out IP500 not answering calls and somehow locked up.

The issue with the IPO was resolved by unplugging the electricity and replugging it for a hard reset.

However, after this we have continued to have a problem with our IP403 16 digital station device that was connected to the expansion port on the back of the IPO. All of the digital phones are 5410s and now display the following message:

"5410D Rel:5.00 6/1/07" followed by "Please wait".

Called our Avaya BP this morning, but both their techs were on the phone and haven't called us back yet.

The IPO itself seems to be functioning as all of the IP extensions run off this IPO (local and remote) are functioning well.

Thoughts?

Richard

Those phones are waithing for updating.
What software version is running on your IPO ?

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

5.0.20. We upgraded to that version several weeks ago and the phones have worked flawlessly since then. Seems bizarre for it to come up as an issue now.

Richard

From what version did it come ?
A 403 can not go to 5.0 by the way!

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Early releases of 3.2 use 2.0 firmware for those phones while later releases of 3.2 use 5.0 firmware

If you upgraded your 3.2 to the latest relase then is would be 3.2.69 OR perhaps you have a 406V2 that is running 5.0.20

5.0.20 uses R6 firmware for 5410's, you confused matters by calling your Dig module an IP403 which it isn't :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Open Manager - point the TFTP server IP to the machine with Manager. Unplug the phones, plug em back in, watch and wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back