Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PLEASE HELP!! REALLY STUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc321

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2003
CA
Hey all,

Any help would be appreciated!

Normally my partner does the installs but this one i'm stuck on myself... installed the CICS DR1 expanded, got the extensions and lines wired correctly... system booted up fine, set the square template startup ... everythings good, system has 7 lines, so went in and made 3-7 Appear&Ring... now the problem: Whenever I hit a line button, I get the error after 2 seconds, "not in service", under button inquiry all the lines do show up so its not a set programming issue... i've looked through the entire Installer Guide and the only place this wording shows up, it says Lines may not be enabled, solution? enable them! Well I've went through every single programming option and found no such thing!!! I'm going nuts this should be fairly straightforward LOL...

So again, any help at all would be appreciated!

You may want to make sure the Amphenol connector for the trunks is properly seated. That may not be the case, but its worth looking into. Also verify your trunk cards are also seated properly. Dr1 software is pretty old, don't remember if it has Maintenance. Anyone? Also i assume that you would know that you must skip 2 pairs between 2 sets of trunks. Example:
Line 1-White/blue pair
Line 2-White/orange pair
White/ green-
White/orange-
Line 3-White/brown
And so forth.
Gabriel

Hi Gabriel,

Yup double checked the cables and they were seated correctly... I don't have any CallerID cards, just using regular CO lines. It does have a maintenace option but was not really helpful... And also followed the standard nortel wiring spec with skips as you mentioned as well.

Thanks again... any other suggestions??

Do you have module status in maint? Dont remember DR1 too well, but if you do try to disable the trunk cards, exit the programming and then go back in and re-enable them.
Gabriel

Thanks Gabriel, I'll try that tomorrow when I go back...for you or anyone else reading this:

Can someone give a general overview of the Maintenance mode and also some details on how to use it to figure out problems etc?

Thanks!

Dc.

Sounds like your problem might be line numbering. Remember, the lines on CICS 1.0 are 1,2,3,4,----24,25,26,27.
If you are using 5,6,7, the system thinks you are trying to use ISDN.

Color codes are actually the following pairs:
WHITE/BLUE ----LINE 1
WHITE/ORANGE---LINE 2
WHITE/SLATE----LINE 3
RED/BLUE-------LINE 4
RED/BROWN------LINE 5
RED/SLATE------LINE 6
BLACK/GREEN----LINE 7
BLACK/BROWN----LINE 8

MarvO said it

Didn't realize i put White/orange again instead of White/brown. Sorry. As for the Maintenance mode, if you scroll down to Module status, it will ask you to show module, you can press list or enter the module number. If you press list it will show how many sets are connected, press next, it will show you the card. Ex: KSU(2): 1 card, if you press card on the soft key, it will tell you how many lines. EX: Card 1: 4 lines. Press State on the soft key, it will say: 0 lines busy if none are in use, and give you the options to Disable or press ok. Press Disable to disable the card, then it will ask you if you are sure, press yes and then the card will be disabled. Then go back and re-enable them and see if that works.
Gabriel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back