Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Plantronics HW251N headset with Direct Connect cable not able to talk on 9608 Phones 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjuser

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2013
US
We just upgraded some people to the Avaya 9608 phones and with their Plantronics HW251N headsets they are not able to talk. They can listen and hear calls just fine, they just aren't heard on the other end.

I have tried switching the speaker paths, etc. under the Sound settings. Headsets are plugged directly into the headset jack on bottom of receiver.

Is there something I am missing? I haven't used the 9608 phones that much yet.

Thanks

are you sure that headset works on IP office?

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Some Plantronics headsets need a HIC cable to work with the 96X1 phones. Check with your headset vendor and see if that applies to your specific model.

Different handsets use different down leads, if you swapped if from another handset (judging by your other thread you have) it's probably now got the wrong lead :)

"No problem monkey socks

Press A-Menu on the Phone > Call settings > change speaker into Headset (only works for 1.330D firmware)

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

I see from your other post that your users are upgrading from the 5610 which uses a different (HIC) connector. You need to change the connector to an HIS for the 9608.

Or change the polarity of the pins on the RJ11 until you get it right. Probably pins 2 and 3 need reversing.

Great thank you everyone! Just ordered some HIS connectors after reading your comments. Didn't even know the difference between HIC and HIS before. Still learning every day :)

Always appreciate the quick advice. Very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back