Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PixelPoint license key 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpjoseph

Programmer
Dec 21, 2005
US
I am installing a copy of PixelPoint for someone and would like to know if it is possible to run the software in some type of demo mode if the license key is not available. I cannot even start the program without it currently.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A demo mode is not available. If you do install PixelPoint you have to be PPCP - and in this case you should have an NFR-Key.

What you could do, if you do have one key in a live environment, is to plug in the key on the new system, reload licensemanager to read the key. After that you may put the key back to the live system.

I am not sure if that will be working with the new USB dongles, it works with the parallel ones.

Any more questione? Don´t hesitate to ask.

--------------------------------------
>>>>>> Bugs will appear in one part of a working program when another 'unrelated' part is modified <<<<<

Any news on this? How are you going on, mpjoseph?

>>>>>> Bugs will appear in one part of a working program when another 'unrelated' part is modified <<<<<

don't have a key of any kind so I am at a complete standstill.

What version do you try to install?

I have version 10.0 build 4 installed.

Unfortunately I do not have more than my own key for that. Where in the world are you located?
Do you absolutely need Pixelpoint as software?

NYC and nothing is absolute but would like to.

So I suggest to contact a reseller near you, who may help you out with a dongle. Or become a reseller yourself ...

... or install another POS-software. What features do you need?

Yes, I know all that already and as far as becoming reseller....that's just funny.

I am installing this to do testing and other types of stuff so I don't need another type of software or want another type.

Was looking for way to get it to run without the key!

what are the limitations of the this trial version?

@DTSMAN the link you sent me does not work properly. After put in information and click continue get:

Error 404 - Not found

Your browser can't find the document corresponding to the URL you typed in.

@DTSMAN any link on the left side of this page is going to Error 404 as mentioned by mpjoseph

I'm not them. Just knew this spot was a place for a free download. They have a contact email. Maybe the website is broke and they don't know it, or something worse.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

If you don't know if something works or not you should NOT post it.

Wow, 2 whole post on here and you are just full of good advise.
Teach me chef, since obviously your post was more helpful than mine in the pursuit of the solution that mpjoseph is looking for. (I think it was just a failed attempt to try and make me look bad, but keep trying as I am sure I will lose in a battle of the wits with a professional like you)

There is a 'contact us' link if it doesn't work, maybe I should contact them and tell them to fix it so mpjoseph can get it.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

WOW no need to get so upset. I was only pointing out if your going to give a person information know it works. Am not looking to start anything but obviously your ego must have been hurt in some way.

chef2tech-

DTSMAN is one of the most helpful members on this forum and has been for probably 6 or 7 years under a few different user names.

He does not need your advise on what or what not to post.

Everything on here is "try at your own risk"... that goes without saying.

I do not disagree with your try at your own risk statement.

As far as my statment goes I stand by it and always will. If you disagree that's your opionion.

As far as how helpful any user has been over the years that's great for them and the people they helped.

Once again I will state IF I HURT ANYONE'S EGO THAT WAS NOT MY INTENTION. I AM NOT LOOKING TO START ANY TYPE OF WORD WAR OR ANYTHING ELSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back