Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Picture doesn't change on reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keepontrying

Programmer
May 12, 2003
US
I would like the user to be able to use their own logo on the report. So on the report for the image file I place a public variable call pvlogo

In my setup routine
Public pvlogo

pvlogo = c:\appname\images\logo.jpg

When the user replace the logo.jpg with their logo.jpg the logo doesn't change on the report.

Any clue?

I made a typo. I do have the command the way you show it.
What I think is happening is that when I build the project into a EXE the report build the logo I developed with as part of the report. So if this is happen How do I prevent this from occuring?

Look at your Project->Other->Other Files
Do you see "Logo.jpg" listed there ?

If it is there, remove it from the project. Move "Logo.jpg" to another folder then rebuild. If it ask for the jpg file just ignore it.

Let me know how it works

-- AirCon --

How do you show the logo on the report? The way I've gotten this to work is by dropping a "Picture/ActiveX Bound Control" on the report, and then choose "Picture from: File". Put in pvlogo for the file name, but enclose it in parentheses.

-BP (Barbara Peisch)

I used to have a problem which I believe to be of the same origin. In some of my applications (VFP6) I used custom images, mouse pointers and icons, and refined them once in a while, when had time, while working on the applications or after that (those were not for distribution, but for in-house use from server). When I changed the image files, they still looked the same on the forms, even after I rebuilt the executable. The workaround I found is to save changed images to new names, use string variables as image source on the forms, and then to change the value of the variables to these new names in the main program or a text file. But this was annoying even on relatively small systems, let alone big ones.

Why such things happen and are there common techniques to avoid them? Or the only ways are workarounds like move-rename-rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back