Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pickup a call after it covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

simreal

Technical User
Jun 13, 2006
US
I had an issue a while back. A call would come in, no answer and then cover to voicemail. You could still see the call on the line appearance and pick the call up. You would here your voicemail message and the person leave a message.

If you wanted you could actually speak to the person and the voicemail would record it all as a new message.

This was obviously unwanted and I managed to find a setting that fixed it. Unfortunately I can't remember the setting and now I need to try the same fix on a different S8720.

The S8720 is using Cisco unity voice messaging for voicemail if that matteres to anyone. Origonally I was using remote coverage to get the call to voicemail so keep that in mind to. i'm not sure if its important or not.

Can anyone think of a setting that I could stroke y/n to prevent a call from being answered after it's already followed coverage?

The new trouble is a little different. The call goes from one pickup group to another and when the first group doesnt answer the second does but the darn prones keep ringing even though the call is answered.

I think I found it in the documentation.

The command to fix the problem before was:

change system-parameters coverage-forwarding
The field was “maintain SBA at principal”. We stroked it to "n".

Another pertinent field (I believe) is “keep held SBA at coverage point”.

Keep Held SBA at Coverage Point
This field governs how a covering user who has placed an answered coverage call on hold is
treated if the original principal bridges onto the call.

Valid entries Usage
y Keeps the coverage party on the call. The coverage
party remains on hold, but may enter the call along with
the principal and the calling party.
n Drops the coverage party from the call.

Maintain SBA At Principal
Allows a user to maintain a simulated bridged appearance when a call redirects to coverage.

Valid entries Usage
y Enter y to maintain a simulated bridged appearance
(SBA) on the principal’s telephone when a call redirects
to coverage. DCS with rerouting will not be attempted
after coverage.
n When set to n, no SBA is maintained on the principal’s
telephone. DCS with rerouting will be attempted, and if
successful, the principal will lose the bridged

I'll let you know if this fixes the problem but I would appreciate any ideas while I test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back