Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHP Editors

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJProctor

Programmer
Jun 20, 2003
GB
Hi, bit annoyed cos im at college and want to edit some pages ive created. At the mo im doing it using note pad but this isnt that good because it doesnt give line numbers or anything. Does anyone know of any ways i can get round this, such as online editors or something a vb script that i can run at college in vb. Maybe its just something im going to have to stick with.

Regards

JP

in which of the programs listed above i can edit the design of the php pages .. i have a forum package and i need to make changes on the design ..

lol.. I just tried autocompleting JKingdom's name..

anyways:
JKingdom:
You can edit the design in *any* editor, what this thread is about, is what editors are good for color-syntax, line-number, etc.

I dont know if you can edit the design in a wysiwyg editor, as the design may be incorporated in the php-code.

Even so, you can also edit it there, *as long* as you know a thing or two about html.

Remember: Backup is nice, so be nice and take backups!

Olav Alexander Mjelde
Admin & Webmaster

Emacs or vi.... vi because I can use it on telnet/SSH if I'm stuck at a XP computer in a lab or to a webserver without X.

Emacs because it's powerful... 'nuff said.

[plug=shameless]
[/plug]

I use PSPad for my PHP editing now. It's a lightweight, free software that works almost identically to UltraEdit. It works with any language; you just have to get a template or define your own highlighting and markup schemes for any file format that it doesn't handle (but it handles pretty much everything standard).

What I really like about it is that, like UltraEdit, you can connect to your FTP site and grab and edit the files from within the program. Almost as good as UltraEdit, but if you don't want to part with $40.

Nick Ruiz
CO-OP Intern, PPL Electric Utilities
Webmaster, DealMerchant.net

1. PHP Designer 2005
download from snapfiles (freeware section)

It offers syntax highlighting and an extended code library for PHP, HTML and SQL as well as file browser, built-in FTP, project support and more. The strongest feature is the large number of ready-to-insert functions, that are available for database queries, FTP, file system and many other uses, as well as a full library of PHP resources.

2. CodeCharge Studio 2.3 & 3.0

RAD tool with many pre-build customizible components like EditableGrid & ReportBuilder, AuthenticationBuilder, Intellisense & a lot more...
Supports many languages and all types of DBs
~$199 for PHPedition & $500 for Full Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back