Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PhoneManager Pro BLF on RDS Services over VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatzEye1

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2004
GB
Hi folks,

We have a client who have moved to RDS 2012 R2 (windows TS) linked over an IPSEC VPN to the site with the IPO.
PMPro installs fine and logs users in fine, but when we add speed dials to the pmpro the BLF doesnt show updates (DND status, busy, none work). Everything else seems to work fine.
I have installed wireshark and the RDS server definitely receives the UDP packets on port 50799 (the documented BLF packet port).

Any ideas?
many thanks

Only the first 10 connectors (I think, maybe 5) from remote subnets get BLF as it has to do unicast to those devices, when on the same subnet all users get it because it's broadcast :)

Yep I know, and the RDS server DOES receive the BLF packet, I see it on wireshark on the RDS server on the other side of the VPN :)
And since all the users are on the same RDS (terminal) server, they all share the same IP address...although right now I have turned off all their PMPros and am only running a single test PMPro.

Then something is stopping PM seeing it, AV/firewall probably :)

But firewall is switched off and if wireshark (packet sniffer) is detecting the packets on the RDS that means they are getting through...no?

Just don't do it.
Therefore One-X Portal is developed.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

PM was restricted to a maximum of 5 user's on citrix terminal servers
I woudl assume this is the same for remote desktops.

it was simply not intended for use in that type of environment.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

thx IPGURU but i'm only running 1 copy of it, at least for now. if this copy worked and the 6th copy didnt then I would accept that...this is an MS RDS as well not citrix :(

I know it is MS rds but the principles are probably similar

if only one PM running & it is not a RDS incompatibility then the issue is almost certainly Antivirus or firewall blocking the ports

Either way PM was never designed to run in this sort of environments (& there is probably a note to that effect somewhere in the Avaya docs)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Wireshark typically sees the traffic before AV/firewalls have their way with it :)

ok if not PM what software would you folks recommend? Client needs the BLF part of the PM mainly, for every terminal user (50 of them), and the app has to run within the user terminal environment.
Anything extra would be a bonus...
thx

UCPlus works quite well and reasonably priced (requires CTI licence) :)

Having investigated a little further it seems the first user who opens PM works fine, all BLF show properly in Speed Dials tab.
second user onwards do not get BLF although everything else works.
Odd, these are all terminal users logging into the same server which has the same static IP address. For each user windows has their own saved profile folders in mydocs etc.

The UDP packets are arriving fine...and in fact, when 1 user is logged into PM, 1 UDP packet arrives per broadcast (ie per user BLF that changes on the system), and when 2 users are running PM 2 packets arrive per event etc etc, yet the second user PM onwards only show the plain grey icon for each user in speed dials, no DND modes no little messages icons, no red busy icons etc.

Maybe if we try a newer version of PMP...the client system is IP Office 4.2, whats the latest version of PMP that would still work with this system please if anyone can advise?
many thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back