Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Manager Lite settings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

edbisw

MIS
Jun 3, 2008
Where are the Phone Manager Lite settings kept? Tried uninstalling the app, removed the C:\Program Files\Avaya... folders and when I reinstalled it it kept the ext. settings.

What I am trying to fix is the "Add User" option being grayed out when using the Speed Dials tab.

>What I am trying to fix is the "Add User" option being grayed out when using the Speed Dials tab.

How many speed dials do you have already? Lite is limited to 15

To answer the question, the bit you need to delete is the Avaya folder in the "my Documents" folder

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

The user profile is located in My Documents.
It will be in a folder called AVAYA.

Removed the My Documents\Avaya folder. Logged in newly and was able to add speed dials. However the speed dials aren't showing when someone is on their phone or not... do I need to reinstall again?

do I need to reinstall again

Probably not

Check that the firewall is turned off (or that you have run the FW.bat exceptions file)

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Was running Trend and Windows Firewall, so disabled Windows Firewall and it worked.

I read through the forums on fw.bat and have seen it mentioned before, but never found it in an installation (searching through the hard drive, etc.) Where is the info on the ports that it opens up? Just curious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back