Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

synergy08

Technical User
Mar 31, 2008
US
I have a phone that is being forwarded to an auto attendant as soon as someone calls it. I would like it to just ring continually. I have left the forward no answer blank. I have changed the forwarding delay to 10 still nothing works. I have also physically checked the phone to make sure it's not forwarded there. Any ideas?

You should check the Lines admin field under the AA in the Call Pilot and make sure that the line/TL assignment is not set to answer.

I checked it. It is set to No. Thanks for the idea though.

Are you running a night service feature on the system?
If you are then you can check to see if that Line is still assigned in the Ring Groups under the Line Settings tab. If it is set to RG001 then change the RG on that line to another RG (ie. 010) and then test it again.

No luck on changing private to public. It is line 241. Does anyone have instructions on how to out and recreate an extension on a BCM? I work on the CS 1000. This is a remote system that I workon very seldom and most of that is name change and vmail stuff. Thanks for the help.

can't out it like on pbx. can do a dn renumber tho. line 241 would be a target line. u should be able to change it from public to private. What's the prime set for the target line set to?

Does the same thing happen when you make an internal call to the extn.
If so then it will be an extn problem.
If its only when the DDI (target line) is rung then its a line issue.

Check the Prime extn for this line 241 and see if its set to the V mail DN. remove it

V mail DN can be checked by pressing feature 985 ( eg 334)on any phone.

Check the Target line ( assigned extns) as the line can be assigned to more than one extn.
It could be ringing another phone as well which is forwarded to voicemail without a mailbox.

Just some things to check out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back