Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 850 jamming every time. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibuddy2u

Technical User
Oct 21, 2005
US
Have a Phaser 850 which has started a paper jam as it leaves the pick guide assembly and enters the drum/paper preheat assembly. It gets about half way in and stops.

Originally it would not get past the pick guide assembly but after substituting a number of items it's found it's way to the preheat assembly.

I have cleaned the paper pick roller, the lower feed rollers, and the pick guide assembly.

I have substituted known good parts including the drum/heater assembly, the upper feed assembly, the pick roller clutch, the drum maintenance clutch (for the 850).

I also found the clutch cap/wipe/purge getting VERY hot and exchanged it also.

The printer feeds paper without a jam through the manual tray.

It just will not feed from the standard tray without jamming.

I've search this forum and attempted everything I could find as a possible solution.

Please help.

Printer is fixed. This is from annother post from Ibuddy.

Xerox had a service bulletin out September 2000 that recommended replacing the upper feed assembly. I did that fairly early on and failed to list it in my post.

The more I worked with the unit the more it pointed to that so I replaced it a second time with a new one and it cured the jamming.

Thanks very much for the assistance.

help- have a similar problem....

850 jamming all the time....
and now has a sheet of paper wrapped around the pre-heater...
won't clear with a thick-sheet push-thru

what's the easiest way to get it out...
how much of this needs to be disassembled to get the pre-heater/roller
out?

tks
jb

The preheater doesnt have any rollers. Which roller in relationship to the printer has paper wrapped around it.

Try replacing the maintenance drawer. The side of the rod that lifts the maintenance roller gets worn and cause it from oiling the drum. (p/n: 436-0359-01)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back