Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 840

Status
Not open for further replies.

EOREGAN

Technical User
Mar 17, 2004
US
I just purchased an 840N and have found that one of the 5 'blue tabs') that sit a couple of mls above the drum and seem to act as a guide for the papaer has broken (still attached however rubs against the drum and subsequently leaves a 1/12 inch vertical smudge down one side of the printed paper. I deperately need some advise on how to either 1: obtain another whole piece containing all 5 tabs on athe horizontal bar or 2: can I take this 'hanging tab off and solve the problem or 3: it seems like i may be able to super glue this back but I have no idea of the pressure - if any is placed on these tabs and therefore I will be just prolonging an inevitable recurring problem.
I hope you can help me out with this - im technically challenged and trust that you can steer me in the rightr direction!

Thanks

Eoin

If only 1 tab is broken you can live without it especially if it isn't one of the end tabs. Lift the blue paper guide covering the drum. Do not scratch the drum! Carefully remove all pieces of the broken tab. Don't try to glue anything. When these break, the pieces can be small so make sure you look at the front side of the drum all the way down as far as you can see. There will also be a spring you need to get out as well.

I have had the same problem.
One on the end was broken. I glued it together again. Then some time later it broke again and damaged the transfix roller. It got stuck in between and now there is an artifact on the prints. :(
But anyway i mis one at the end of the blue picks and the black extra gide next to it. But i never have any jams because of this! (printed about 5000 pages of different thiknesses without problems)
But i try to get a replacement anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back