Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 740 bad printout quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

iyedidit

IS-IT--Management
Jan 6, 2003
US
Greetings, I have a Phaser 740 that has been producing some horrible printouts lately. The imaging unit, charge grid and all toner cartridges have all been replaced. The fuser has not, but is at 78% of its life cycle along with the fuser roll and transfer kit (give or take acouple %'s). I have included some images of the problem I have been experiencing on the following site;

Has anyone ever experienced similar printouts? Will replacing the fuser/roll/transfer kit most likely fix the problem? if none of the above work it looks like im draggin this thing to a service center.

iyedidit, here's how ya start
dummy.gif

j/k, it looks like it may be your fuser causing the white cracking on your print outs. I would look at the cleaning pad located on your fuser, it may be too dirty to clean the fuser rolls properly. If it does appear to be mucked up pretty good then you can take a chance and just replace the cleaning pad, or replace the fuser roll (which comes with a cleaning pad).
Part Numbers;
Cleaning Pad - 116-0329-00
Fuser Roll - 016-1663-00
(w/Cleaning Pad)

A reliable place I've found to get supplies is at

Thanks for the reply. I did end up replacing the fuser assembly which came with a new cleaning pad and fuser roll. The thing still prints out bad. I'm leaning more towards the hammer idea now :) Another thing I've noticed is that this marbeling/cracking effect is produced more noticeably through the multipurpose tray. When printing out of the paper tray things seem to be ok. Does this make any sense?

Check the type of media has been set correctly when using the bypass/multi-purpose tray. You must set on the front panel or in the print driver, the type of media you are using. You can only use plain, not gloss media from the paper tray and transperances from the tran tray or bypass tray. Same with gloss media. You didn't mention what type of media you were using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back