Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

phantom station hunt group member w/ call forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOllie

IS-IT--Management
Jun 22, 2007
I have never had this problem before......I would like to have a night service button on a receptionist's phone which would then forward all calls to a hunt group with one phantom station group member with unconditional forwarding turned on to call an answering service. Turning queuing on yields ring no answer. Turning queuing off yields a busy signal. System is running 4.1 (9).

Any ideas? Thanks.

ACA-Implementation IP Office
ACA-Implementation IP Telephony
CCNA
MCP-Windows XP
MCP-Server 2003

Have you tried to put the phantom user on a port?

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

no, the user's extension does not match any of the base extensions. should i create a voip extension?

CCNA
MCP-Windows XP
MCP-Server 2003

So you want the call to ring on the forwarded User AND the other phones in the group, are they setup to ring collectively, User forwards Hunt group calls checked, try calling the user directly and see if the forwarding works.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Is the group set to sequential?
Is forward hunt group calls enabled.

As far as I know Phantums work on 4.1 9, infact yes they do I did one today.
So you could do it with IP base extension but you shouldnt need to.

ACA - IPOffice implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Passed at last

i have set the group to sequential, forward hunt group calls is enabled. there is only the one phantom user in the group. i need to forward to an off-pbx answering service after hours. the customer prefers the receptionist to use a night service button over a time profile, but the time profile needs to be used at this time until i can figure this bug out.

CCNA
MCP-Windows XP
MCP-Server 2003

What is the NO ANswer time in the goup

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

what type of lines do you have?

ACA - IPOffice implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Passed at last

It should work
I have done it on 4.1.9 and 4.1.12 lately

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Yes it does work. Create a shortcode say *601 for instance. In the telephone number field add the number you want to forward to. Create a new user but it doesn't need to be a voip extension. In the user forwarding tab, set forward unconditional and forward hunt group calls to the shortcode number. add this dummy user into your sequential hunt group. Set the button on the reception to be a night fallback or Out of service fallback to your seq hunt group. Works for me. make sure you have a name for the user in both fields ie name and full name as I have had problems when one of these wasn't populated.

Try turning voice mail off on the user. I use this all the time and it is really wacky sometimes it works with voicemail on and sometimes it doesnt.

do the calls go through if you dial the phantom extn? or forwarding hunt group extn?

calls to the phantom extension work fine.
calls to the hunt group with the phantom user ring busy if queuing is turned off and you get ringback if queuing is turned on.

CCNA
MCP-Windows XP
MCP-Server 2003

Sounds strange but have also had a problem with this if you copied and pasted the name into the user name field. It worked if I changed the user name slightly.

You could try to make a short code, and forward the user to the shortcode. The short code can also be a voicemail collect.
Make sure you've ticked all options; FWD unconditional, FWD HGroup, FWD Internal calls.

Greetzzz...Bas

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

no, because all calls come over a PRI to a hunt group with the receptionist as the main member and an overflow group. the only way that i can change the destination of the calls to go to the off-pbx answering service is to create another hunt group with the phantom user as the sole member.

correct me if i'm wrong. i cannot use a short code as the night service fallback. it needs to be another hunt group

CCNA
MCP-Windows XP
MCP-Server 2003

Being simplistict, if all else fails why don't you get the receptionist to set a forward on her phone to the night destination.

the sole member needs to be forwarded to the shortcode.

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

This is a group issue with 4.1.9. 4.1.12 fixes it. i have seen this before

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

the sole member is forwarded to 91(area code)(number), which is what i have always done.

i cannot have that because she is a member of more than one hunt group and calls to the other groups need to be handled differently.

CCNA
MCP-Windows XP
MCP-Server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back