Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDF file available, FAQ's, Solutions to problems, etc 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

avayaman

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
CA
I recently retired. During my time implementing Avaya's I kept notes of things, plus i was in charge of maintaining the Avaya section on our corporate intranet. I have created a pdf file with a fair bit of info on how to set up oddball things like 2 night keys on the console, FAQ's, Attendant Vectoring implementation, setting up hotlines, pretranslation and so on. I have created a pdf file with a lot of this info in there. I can't guarantee it is 100% accurate, & there are a few minefields in there. especially around incoming call treatment to the console. It should ferment some ideas at the very least.

You can download it at
Paul Beddows

Consulting, Avaya/EAS implementation, Training
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail use form on website at

hey paul - it's a g3siv6. I have a pri into the pbx so it is digital ( i think :).

thanks for the help again.

-JM

Hi Paul
Thanks for the great PDF - i found it very helpfull
Greetings.
Eliav

Paul - this PDF is great. Thank you for the effort. Do you have anything that explains UDP in plain english?

Not offhand. What release is your switch? It changed with MV 1.2. I could explain it to you if you wish. I can even send you a working example of the post MV 1.1 type.

Paul Beddows

Vancouver, Canada

Paul, thanks for the great docs, keep up the good work.

Alex

I'm glad your finding it of value. Remember some of the stuff in there, especially regarding workarounds for incoming call treatment at the console, can lead into minefields. Most of them were developed from playing around in a lab. Most of it was a result of Hotel customers who tend to be high strung & demanding. They usually want the switch to be psychic, especialy when it comes to incoming call treatment. Most were also coming from a Mitel which does 2 things an Avaya does not. It has 2 nite keys & you can put the Console in a Pickup group. They of course demanded the Avaya be able to do the same.

Paul Beddows

Vancouver, Canada

Using your tips I've set attendant vectoring, including giving customer options to break out with no probs at all - it confused my Avaya partner support engineer until i explained it so it was worth it just for that :) minefields avoided, thaqnks very much :D

defjon

Your a brave man. Why Avaya does not allow prompting within an attendant vector is beyond me. It would save a lot of headaches.

Paul Beddows

Vancouver, Canada

Paul,

Thank you for your generosity. Your document is AWESOME and I'm sure I will use it for the rest of my telecomm career.

Thanks for doing a brain dump.

Just what I needed... Thanks a lot avayaman! You've just been a great help for us newbies. =)

Paul,
Thanks for such a valuable information. I've always enjoyed your posts. Guys like you have no retirement, you can retire from your work, but not from this forum.

Regards.

Thank you Avayaman for the awesome pin out information, that is gold. Have you seen any buttsett or other gadget that allows you to test a digital line? Currently we snag a digital set and punch it down on the block to test, just wondering. Thanks in advance!

Bump to top - great information here!

Susan
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson (1894)

Thanks, I have been spending less & less time here since retiring. New interests. I don't know how I ever found time to work.

Paul Beddows

Vancouver, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back