Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Administration Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jifitz

IS-IT--Management
Jun 10, 2004
US
With feature 59 I get "P ACS R4.0 C01". Can I access my Partner system with the PC Administration software? I know that ext76 is the one that is necessary to connect to the remote card. I have tried: Operator Assisted, Automated Attendant, and Direct Dial. From looking at other posts and some reference material have got it to connect by dialing in on one of our 12 lines, when it lights up I transfer it to ex76 then it connects at 9600 bps or 4800 bps. But then I get "Session initiation with the PARTNER system has failed." Please help! Any help as always is greatly appreciated.

In addition I have just installed a 4 port card with the help of Tek-Tips. It worked fine. Thanks again. Tek-Tips Rocks. [wink]

jifits,
When you connect does it ask for a password? If you have not set the password you will not get in. Also from what you are telling us you are connecting at you must be using an internal modem. I don't think anyone on this site has had any luck connecting using one. I recommend a US Roboticks modem. Also usr the search function and go through all the closed threads. I know I have assisted with this question 4 or 5 times. After searching and reviewing you still have an issue then open the thread back up and we will help.

Thanks fondog2. It doesn't ask for a password. I am using a a Multitech MT5634XPX PCI modem. I also have an external Multitech MT2834ZDXb modem. Has anyone used this particular model? If not, what model US Robotics is best for the task. I have done some digging on on this site as as well. I thought that I had it down to a missed step in the login proceedures. Because each time I do connect but had no way of providing a password. After seeing that this software provides a way to manage almost every aspect of the Avaya system I was very anxious to make it work. I will be supporting this site remotely soon and this would save many a mile.

jifits,
I have never used the exact protocol you are using. I thought you were using the pc admin software. TTT might be able to help you more with this application. Otherwise you will need to down load the remote access software from Avaya website. Then I recommend a standard US robotics 56K modem. This modem negotiates better with rac card where the internal modems struggle. set up #730 which is the ACS password. Then set up #505 hunt group 6 extension 76, 1 assigned. If you cant't connect up then get back with me. Also make sure you have a RAC card and not just a Back Up and Restore Card.

Let me know what happens. Thanks

Thanks fonedog2. I will try these suggestions and get back to you. I may be a day or so. I am also doing a migration. I really appreciate you help.

Thanks
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back