Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paypal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheConeHead

Programmer
Aug 14, 2002
US
Just looking for some feedback on using Paypal... any bad experiences? or good? What does it entail? Is it worth it?

Thanks

[conehead]

There are entire sites on paypal (do a google search) including paypalsucks.com. You will find plenty of horror stories.

I have had an account for a couple years, using them to pay for half.com, ebay and other purchases, and I use them to rec'v payment from ebay sales with instant payment and no hassles. I have never had a problem or a bad experience, other than navigating their obtuse website.

I have recently added a paypal button to one of my sites asking for contributions to help pay for it (it is a forum for people that have been screwed by RCA/Thomson) as it costs a lot to run and I make no money off it, not being able to sell ads for a site that hosts inflammatory information and feedback against one of America's biggest companies. I guess time will tell how that works out, if I have any problems, you can be assured that you will hear about it.

When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

There are definitely some bad stories but I think they have cleaned up their act ever since Ebay bought them back in 2002 (I think).
But I run my business online and use paypal as one of my payment options. Nothing bad so far, knock on wood.
It's easy to set up as well. Their website is pretty user friendly for the most part.
If you are going to be a larger ecommerce website get a merchant account and accept all major credit card, just include paypal as one of the options. If you are a small shop, paypal makes sense for a lot of people.
I was always leery about using paypal exclusively for my site. But make sure you read all of the PayPal's Seller Protection Policy and understand it.
Their is a website called paypalsucks.com but I write most of it off. What big company doesn't have a blahblahsucks.com site anymore? Anyway just things to look out for but overall, I like it, it works and my customers that use paypal are happy because it's an option.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back