Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

patches not uploading to linux 6.0 primary security server

Status
Not open for further replies.

voip64

Technical User
Feb 12, 2009
US
I am receiving a file error when trying to upload the .ntl file in order to patch my linux CPPM security server. has anyone run into trouble before like this? The error says it is an invalid file type

I have the same trouble with my company issued laptop. I can use a older laptop that isn't loaded with all the security stuff and it works fine. It was suggested to me that it was probably host prevention in the fire wall that was causing this. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

I was hoping someone would jump in with a answer on this, but all this stuff is still new.

Unable to load patch from UCM with IE8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem Description
The user is unable to load a patch or a SP using UCM (Unified Communication Manager) in IE8 (Internet Explorer 8). The following error appears on each attempt:
'Unexpected error occurred while uploading the patch file. The patch file could be invalid, please refer patch manager logs for more details.'

Please note that the same error appears if you try to upload a patch over SP's tab in UCM. The error we mention above is seen while we follow a regular patch/SP upload process.
Problem Resolution
Although the full testing has not been performed with IE8 and Release 6 yet, we will still try to support field reported issues. However, please be informed that in the NTPNN43001-116 03.04 (page 18)you will see the following information:
'UCM Common Services supports Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and 7.0. Other versions and browsers are not tested or supported.'

One of the following step can be performed to resolve the issue.
•Please try to reduce the security level of internet. Go to 'Internet Options' in IE8. Click on 'Security' tab and try to downgrade the security level for this zone. Note that this might not be applicable to some user sites due to security issues
•On the other hand, you can just add the UCM web address as one of the Trusted Sites. Go to 'Internet Options' in IE8. Click on 'Security' tab and go to 'Trusted Sites.' Click on 'Sites' button and add the UCM address as trusted

Unable to install SP on Unified Communication Manager (UCM) when using Internet Explorer version 8.0.
The following error message is displayed while the Service Pack is being uploaded after about a couple of minutes:
Unexpected error occurred while uploading the service pack. The service pack file could be invalid, please refer to patch manager logs for more details

Problem Resolution
In Internet Explorer version 8.0 go to Tools, Internet Options.
• Select the Security tab.
• Select the zone; Internet or Local Internet (Depends on user environment. If unsure try both)
• Click the Custom level button.
• Scroll down the settings and enable "Include local directory path when uploading files to a server".
• Click OK.
• Click Yes when prompted "Are you sure you want to change the settings for this zone?".
• Close Internet Explorer

Also remember that the Patch Libary is a finite size, approx 1GB, if you already have a number of DepLists loaded you will get the error as indicated. You must remove the old Deplists first before you can load anymore.....an undocumented feature!

Hi,

I know a little off topic but does anyone have to re-issue their sftp tokens before transmitting anything to various nodes?

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Dont Re-send token.. Have done that once on a system with lots of SMG's. 59 elements in the sec domain and they all poped out of it...
Just uppload the file via sftp?
Dont remember the target location now but i can check it later if u still are in need of it.

Hi Vendin, if you were able to track down the upload path for the SP, it would be a great help.

Thanks in advance,
Wim

Just found it myself:

-> var/opt/nortel/patches for single patches
-> var/opt/nortel/patches/sp for the Service Pack

Works fine from CLI...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back