Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password stopped working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmcook

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2011
US
Has anyone experienced a password getting lost or corrupted on a system? I have an IPO that no longer accepts its password. I am the only one who accesses it. It was a complex password so nobody could guess what it was.

If the pwd is good on SSA, it should still be valid and working on Manager login.

My money is on the Manager being faulty, the network blocking it, or there is something seriously wrong with the IPO.

You could try:
- the settings Andrew suggested, toggling the secure communication
- to upgrade the IPO again, might be some files missing or corrupted
- sending the config offline back to the IPO

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

That was my understanding as well, system status and Manager share the same password. I'll know more after an on-site.

One I can help with!

Since V9 I have had this issue across many many CCUs. There's no reason for it.

The ONLY fix I found was in Security Settings > Services

In here, both Configuration and Security Administrator are set to Secure, Low
Changing this to Unsecure only has fixed all of my logging in issues.

I appreciate there may be people who say that's wrong, stupid, etc. but we have them behind other security and this is the only way I've been able to log in to Manager without fail every time.

Worth adding we tried pretty much everything else we could think of before making this change.

You may get some rejections when trying to get in to the security settings to change this initially, but you WILL get in eventually. Same with saving; might take several attempts, but it will.

Once they're changed you will never get a failure unless you are using incorrect credentials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back