Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing on VDN Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJacobs313

Technical User
Apr 26, 2013
US
I have a Main number VDN for scheduling, this has a vector with press 1-5 options for multiple locations. Each location has a VDN with a vector attached to it that routes it to the same skill group. We thought with VDN override on the main number, the different locations with their own VDN would be able to pass the name on, so the agent would know what location the caller was choosing. But this is not the case.

Main vector off of main VDN:

display vector 328 Page 1 of 6
CALL VECTOR

Number: 328 Name: PT Scheduling
Multimedia? n Attendant Vectoring? n Meet-me Conf? n Lock? n
Basic? y EAS? y G3V4 Enhanced? y ANI/II-Digits? y ASAI Routing? y
Prompting? y LAI? y G3V4 Adv Route? y CINFO? y BSR? y Holidays? y
Variables? y 3.0 Enhanced? y
01 goto step 13 if time-of-day is fri 16:30 to mon 08:00
02 goto step 13 if time-of-day is all 16:30 to all 08:00
03 goto step 13 if holiday in table 1
04 wait-time 3 secs hearing ringback
05 collect 1 digits after announcement 2137 for none
06 route-to number 1964 with cov y if digit = 1
07 route-to number 1965 with cov y if digit = 2
08 route-to number 1966 with cov y if digit = 3
09 route-to number 1977 with cov y if digit = 4
10 route-to number 2020 with cov y if digit = 5
11 wait-time 5 secs hearing music
12 goto step 4 if unconditionally

Second vector off of the 5 VDN choices:
display vector 329 Page 1 of 6
CALL VECTOR

Number: 329 Name: PT Scheduling2
Multimedia? n Attendant Vectoring? n Meet-me Conf? n Lock? n
Basic? y EAS? y G3V4 Enhanced? y ANI/II-Digits? y ASAI Routing? y
Prompting? y LAI? y G3V4 Adv Route? y CINFO? y BSR? y Holidays? y
Variables? y 3.0 Enhanced? y
01 wait-time 2 secs hearing ringback
02 route-to number 5284 with cov y if unconditionally

(As of right now, this is routing to one number, they would like to use agent logins in the near future. But this is the gist of it.) The main VDN has override set to yes, the 5 location VDNs have override set to n. Call flow works, but on the users phone display, it is not showing the last VDN name

I don't think this is going to work when you are directly transferring to a station instead of sending it to queue.

I tested on my system and when I queue it to a skill the VDN name works correctly.

- Stinney

I love learning and passing on knowledge. "Because knowing is half the battle".... GI JOOOOOE!

I believe that if you set 'with cov' to n it will show the VDN. But that will prevent calls from going to voicemail.

There's also a special app you can turn on called: (SA8852) - Display VDN Information on Route-To Calls? n/y

The special app is usually set to 'n', and it's a global change that will affect the entire system, so you may not want to do that.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

As I stated, this is all set to not go to a main number, but to an agent log in with queue, so hopefully that will work. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back