Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passing Caller ID to forwarded Cell Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

iagaoe

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2006
US
We have an after hrs phone. I just had my service provider change our plan to allow the caller id to be passed to the cell phone, but i can't seem to figure out how to program ip office to do that.

Anybody have any tips or can point me in the right direction.
Thanks,

I'm not sure if there is an EASY way to do it for call forwarding, but you can use Mobile Twinning and it's enabled via check box in the System Form.

My provider does allow it.
I'm not looking for an easy way, just A way to do it.

I thought it would be more in volved than just checking Mobile Twinning.

Use the short code n or 9n dial ss will send original i'd. No need for twinning

Yes i have tried ss, .SS, but i'm really sure how to use them.

I have a short code set up as 2286, that dial3k1 and number is XXXXXXXss going out the main ARS.

I also tried building a new ARS that was dial N.SS.

Thanks for the help

First I would check that your provider does what they say they can do and test this by trying to send a caller i'd using just n . S before the n. ss

this also only works on isdn, not analogue. If you verify the above run a trace include isdn.

You are doint it wrong, if you use N you don't use the . in the same place, for example:

I dial 123456 (which matches)
Shortcode 1N
Tel number .ss or 1Nss

That dials 123456 to line and passes through the original calling party number as my CLI.
Some providors may need an i on the end for it to work, so .ssi or 1Nssi

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back