Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

partner 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dslman22

Vendor
Mar 17, 2005
US
i was helping out a customer get a phone up and running.he told me about 6 months ago he had his vendor disconnect the phone so it did no ring.i checked the wiring and everything was still connected but the only thing that was working was the intercom.i read the manual and i was still unable to get it working.i am sure it is something with the programming.some help would be appreciated!!!

The ringing is a programmable feature. First you need to know the extension number of the phone. Then you go into Centralized Telephone Programming, and turn the ring back on for each line on the extension.

If you figure out the extension number, go to Extension 10 and do this:

Feature
Dial 00
Left Intercom Twice
Right Intercom Once
Dial the Extension Number to be programmed

Each line will light up. The lights will "flutter", as it has been programmed not to ring.

Touch each line button and the light will switch to a steady green. This indicates that the line will Ring on an Incoming call.

If you touch a line button again, the light will blink at an even, steady rate. This indicated that the line will ring on an Incoming Call after 4 rings.

Once you set each line to steady (immediate ring),

Feature
Dial 00

thanks alot.i shall try it and let you know how it goes.

HEY HOW ARE YOU TouchToneTommy.I DID AS YOU SAID FROM EXT 10 AND 11.ALL THE LIGHTS ON THE PHONE LIT UP BUT NEVER FLUTTERED.ALSO WHEN I PUT THE EXTENSION NUMBER 14 WHICH IS THE ONE HAVING PROBLEMS THE PHONE WOULD JUST BEEP LIKE IT WASN'T TAKING THE COMMAND.THE LIGHTS ALSO JUST STAYED STEADY GREEN NO FLUTTERING.

Try plugging the phone into port 14 at the cabinet to see if it works alright there. If not, do a copy program, #399 and copy extension 10 to ext14. That should clear the problem unless the phone is bad.

We all need a little help once in awhile. Tony the Phoneman..

Hi dslman22,
You can only do this programming from ext 10 or 11. You got an error beep as you tried to go into system programing.
Try this from 10 or 11. Feature 00, L int. button twice, R int. button once. Enter 14 as the extension and follow TTT's instructions from there. Feature 00 to exit.

-Chris

hey how are you itpphoneguy.i did try it from 10 and 11 like i said the lights lit up but never fluttered.I will try from the cabinet like ravnz5 said.thanks for all the help.

i also brought a phone up from a diffrent extension that was working and it did not work.

Just a dumb question, on the phone that doesn't work, besides the intercom that works, are you able to select an outside line and make a call??( In other words are the co lines still assigned to that extension??

Well if the CO lines are not assigned to that station it won't ring on incoming calls, re-assign what ever lines they want via #301

will try #301 thanks.1st i will try from cabinet customer is closed today will keep in touch.thanks everyone!!!

you can use # 302 to restrict the lines to incoming only

select option 3 for incoming only

TODAY I DID SOME TROUBLE-SHOOTING AND FOUND THE PROBLEM TO BE A BAD PORT ON THE CABINET.I GOT IN TOUCH WITH AVAYA TODAY AND THEY ADVISED ME THAT I WAS NOT ABLE TO REPAIR A SINGLE PORT.THAT I WOULD NEED TO REPLACE THE WHOLE CARD ALL PORTS ARE BEING USED UP.DO YOU GUYS KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE.ALSO I APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP I HAVE GOTTEN ON THIS FORUM!

not to be a wise azz but if you have to ask then no you cant repair it .

board level repair requires a fair amount of knowldege and exepertise.

now if your asking can it be repaired , the answer is yes but your problem is you will need a replacement card to run the system for the time the card is off being repaired.

why not just add a 206 or 308 and leave the existing card in place with the bad port marked . gives you the benfit of expansion room

Hi dslman22,
Skip is quite right here. They are repairable, but why? Buy a new card to replace it. The 308's all have caller ID and fax CNG detection built in.
You need something while it's out for service so repairing doesn't make sense in your case really.
-Chris

reason i asked if it is repairable is that the customer is as cheap as one can be seems that he doesn't want to spend a penny.i had already advised him that the card will need to be replaced and left it at that.seems he just won't put another phone in rather than replace the card or add a 206 or 308 as skip advised.thanks again for all your help!!!

Hi dslman22,
I know it's hard, because we all want to help a customer. Sometimes you just have to sit or walk and lose a customer if they are too high maintenance. You have to make money at the end of the day. I prefer having a happy customer as well, but sometimes that isn't possible.
I think we all have customers like yours and it's hard to keep them at bay.

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back