Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner VMS R.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indy53

Vendor
May 31, 2007
US
Got the thing up and runnining thanks to TommyTouchTone.
But I need to get rid of the auto announce that say's...'Now transferring you to the receptionist'
They want it to ring on all phones before going into the auto attendent...any thoughts?
Also VM clock is different from system clock??

Thanks

RKS

Now transferring to the receptionist is usually an issue if the vm ports have been assigned incorrectly. It's a pmvs r1, what is the partner processor?

is it in 2 slot or 5 slot carrier? and or what other cards are with this system? what order

an ACS R1 should work fine. Try dialing each of the voicemail extension ports and make sure they answer (#505). If they ring and ring, it is an incorrect extension port or has not been assigned correctly. Remember with a PMVS you number the last 2 ports of the slot (for a 2-port). So, if it was in slot 1, extensions 22 and 23 should be assigned to #505.

I haven't put a pmvs r1 in for a long time, but I think you also needed to take the ringer off the lines on the extensions assigned to #505 for it to work properly (so take the ringer off all lines on x22 and x23 if it is in slot 1).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back