Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner System voicemail Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepainter

Technical User
Mar 11, 2009
US
First post after going through the forum as best I can. Brief history, small home/business. Originally had Panasonic 308 setup, was given a Partner ACS R.6 setup with Voicemail (V5) when I first tried to power up I kept getting "your call will be transfered to the receptionist" after trying a few things that didn't work I pulled the VM card and now 3 lines and extensions (8) with intercom work as expected. However I would like to get the voicemail working.

1. Is there a way to erase everything and just start over? I don't have any passwords individually or Administrative. As it is now, i try the 'intercom' 777 to get access and it just rings and rings.

2. I basically have 3 Lines (Office, Home, Son) I would like to get voicemail for 2 out of 3 lines. I need the very basic setup i.e I don't need my calls following me to each extension (house isn't that big) or night time attendant, no receptionist etc.

Any help would be much appreciated. This system is probably WAY more than I need, but you can't beat the price, plus I really like the TECH part of this and would love to learn a thing or two.

Thanks,

Paul

Your very welcome, Paul. By the way the Avaya C1000A is made by Viking Electronics for them. Avaya does the same thing with some Bogen items.

....JIM....

Thanks Jim - I believe 'Dexman' mentioned the Bogen/ Avaya rebadge. If this fails I believe I might go the Bogen route (I think they price out cheaper or possibly the Viking for the WAF) I'll let you know how it turns out.

Paul

I have not been able to get Bogen's door phone to play nice with Partner. I can get the alert to occur, however no talk path. The only luck that I have had is with the Avaya door phone (not sure what the difference is, but that's how it is. Avaya's door phone is more expensive too.)

Oh NO! I'm hoping that my C-1000 will work with my existing door phone, my next step was the Bogen for the price but you just put the 'Kaibosh' on that one with your experience. i have heard good things about the viking doorphones but keep your fingers crossed for my experiment. Some how I don't think it will work but I am hoping against hope it will. Thanks for your input you may have saved me a hard lesson.

Paul

So, Dexman do you have experience with this Bogen? I was actually looking at that model as it's exactly the same (looking) as the Avaya. I received my C-1000 today and sad to say it didn't work. I am looking at the Bogen ADP1 ($140), Viking W2000 ($152) , Viking W1000 ($115). Taking a Poll?

I can say that the Bogen will work because it is the exact same unit as the Avaya. The only difference is the name on the lower right hand corner of the face plate.

The Viking W1000 used to double as the Avaya door phone so that too will work.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back